Why Animals Are Better Than People

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

It goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway: animals are better than people.  Like, way better.  But why are animals better than people?  Humans are smarter; we invent things, we have jobs, we wear clothes and we can talk.  While this makes us better equipped to live meaningful lives, it does not make us superior to our beloved furry friends.  In fact, it’s that simplicity that makes them better than us in every way.

1. They are loyal

Obviously, dogs are known to be the most loyal of all animals.  They’ll stay by your side, whether it’s a hiking buddy, a cuddle buddy, or your emotional support animal, they’re there without question.  Even cats, who can be a little… ehm, selective, will give you their undying support if you feed them enough.  And, fish obviously aren’t going anywhere, not like those friends who’ll ditch you last minute when you make plans.

2. They love to play

While your boyfriend might prefer his Xbox to hanging out with you sometimes, your always your dog’s number one playtime buddy.  They’re up for anything, whether it be a car ride, a walk, fetch or even a belly rub.  Even cats are at their most entertaining when you’ve got a laser light pen.

3. They’ll eat your cooking

Unlike young kids or that one friend that is a notoriously picky eater, your pets will eat anything.  Since they can’t talk, you’ll never know if they actually hate it or not. Either way, no complaints!  And I don’t know about you, but watching my dog beg for popcorn is literally the cutest thing ever.

4. They love you unquestioningly

Why else would anyone get a pet?  From the overly eager canine to the picky feline, your pet loves you, no question. Even if they don’t always show it.  It’s all the benefits of having a kid, except you don’t have to pay for college.

Hi! My name is Laura, and I am a junior at the U of Scranton. I am a broadcasting major with a philosophy and criminal justice minor, and I enjoy knitting, archery and exercising for some reason.
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so