Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer With Notebooks
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Life > Academics

Ways to destress during finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Final exams are one of the things all college students dread most. The stress of finals week can be hard to overcome, late nights studying, not enough sleep, and just having so much to deal with can take a toll on you. Here are a few easy ways to help make finals week a little more bearable!

1. Showers and baths are so underappreciated for destressing. Taking a bath with your favorite bath bomb can really help calm you down and help you relax after a long day of studying or taking tests. However, most college dorms don’t have bathtubs, but showers can be just as great. I recommend using shower melts, these really make your nightly routine more relaxing, and they smell amazing!

2. Make sure to try to eat right to keep your energy up. This can be a difficult thing to do in college since it can be easy to forget or skip meals. Try meal prepping the weekend before finals week, that way throughout the week you have one less thing to worry about. You can just grab your food instead of having to worry about cooking.

3. Set aside a finals week fund. This is something I recently started doing, and it has made such a difference for me. Finals week is stressful enough without having to worry about spending money if you’re broke, like most students. Save up and set aside some cash for finals week so you can treat yourself to coffee, snacks, and other things to get you through the week. I usually keep about $50 tucked away to use as my finals week fund.

4. Take breaks! This is definitely the most important thing I can tell you. It is great to study hard but studying for hours on end with no breaks is not going to be helpful. Try taking an hour break for lunch and watch a TV show or something. Once your hour is up you can study again, and you will feel much more refreshed and ready to get to work.

Good luck on finals everyone! You’ve got this!

Jennifer Alden

Scranton '23

I am a senior psychology major, with a criminal justice minor. I love watching movies with my friends most weekends! I love listening to music, especially artists like Louis Tomlinson, MGK, BlackPink, and Ariana Grande! I also do nails in my free time and have a huge collection of polishes!