This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

At some point in their journey, every college student refers to themselves as a “broke college student”. Whether they were joking or serious, this is a reality that many individuals face while attending college. Textbooks, groceries, club fees, sports equipment, lab materials, supplies for class projects, and so many other fees accumulate quickly while in college. Many people are unable to squeeze a job into their tight schedules and are left floundering.

This past year, I found myself searching for opportunities to earn money on my own time. Here are the three best (and easiest!) ways I’ve found to earn money while in college.

1. Studocu

This site allows you to upload lecture notes, assignments, study guides, and so much more and pays you for your work. The site organizes your notes by college you attend, course, and semester you took the course. Payouts are determined by the company using different factors like how in depth the notes are and the type of document you are uploading. The money is sent via PayPal and it appeared in my account the day after I submitted the notes. I’ve managed to make over $50 this week alone submitting notes and homework assignments. If you’re a good note taker, this is the perfect way for you to make money on something you already do for class.

2. Fetch Rewards

This one takes a little more time, but the rewards are worth the wait.

That receipt in the bottom of your purse is actually worth something! Scan any receipt and you will earn 25 points. Certain brands earn you more points and that will be displayed on the main page of the app. I’ve scanned receipts for gas, textbooks, groceries, coffee, restaurant bills, and so much more since downloading the app. One cool feature is linking your Amazon and email. This allows you to submit the receipts for any online purchases you’ve made, earning you even more points.

Another easy way to earn points on the app is sending out a referral code to your friends, earning yourself 100 easy points.

Using these points, I’ve redeemed a $10 Amazon gift card and a $25 Bath and Body Works gift card. Other brands like Ulta, Sephora, T.J. Maxx, Lululemon, and Nike have redeemable gift cards on Fetch, too. After cashing in your points, the gift cards usually show up in your email inbox and Fetch rewards within three business days. Fetch may not be for everyone, but I’ve found that it’s a great way to turn an otherwise useless slip of paper into fun rewards.

3. Mistplay

Hey Android users, do you like playing games on your phone? Me too! My coworker recommended the app Mistplay, which pays you to play games on your phone. I’ve cashed out from playing my favorite games like Candy Crush and Board Kings. This app also requires a bit of patience if you don’t play games often, but I’ve cashed out $45 worth of points this far. The That’s a full tank of gas for my car, over a week’s worth of groceries for myself, or just some extra spending money. The payouts occur through PayPal. The only unfortunate thing is the app doesn’t work for any Apple products.

Working towards a degree is not an easy thing. These simple ways to earn money will guarantee you can afford to treat yourself at the end of a long, productive week. Enjoy these and share them with your friends!

I am an Early and Primary Childhood Education Major who loves to bake and paint. I also love writing books in my spare time.