This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

There are some people that come into your life to show you the person you are meant to be. Someone who celebrates all your moments, and demonstrates a pure way to love another person. Every moment with these special people should be cherest, and sometimes we forget to tell others how much they mean to us. Even the smallest gestures can show an endless love, whether it’s sharing compliments or telling someone they are important.

My Nan and I have a very close relationship, and I am beyond thankful for her everyday. Before I headed back to college my Nan wrote down important things she wanted to tell me but hasn’t had the chance to. Her worry is that she won’t remember and will lose those ideas. She gave me a book called I’m So Glad You Were Born: Celebrating Who You Are, which tells the importance of showing one another compassion and teaching people to show gratitude towards loved ones. At the back of the book was her letters, describing our joyous memories and how proud she is.

When I received this I couldn’t open it at first, I knew it would be sentimental and would become more meaningful during a time I needed to hear kind words. When I opened it I became overcome with emotion, she knew exactly what I needed to hear in the moment. My Nan has always meant the world to me and will forever be my person. Here are some memories I will take keep with me always:

· Making pumpkin bread every Thanksgiving

· Completing multiple puzzles in one sitting

· Breakfast on Christmas morning every year

· Making a blanket together

· Volunteering at the food pantry

· Collecting boxes for Operation Christmas Child

· Pasta nights

Amy Cotton

Scranton '24

Hi I'm Amy, a junior early childhood education major. I find joy in volunteering and helping others achieve their goals!