This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

It’s December so you know what that means…it’s almost Christmas!! One of my favorite things to do during this time of the year is curl up in a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies! In no particular order, here are some of my favorite movies to watch during the holidays!

1. Elf

Will Ferrell plays Buddy, a human who was raised by the elves of the North Pole. In hopes of finding where he came from, Buddy travels to New York City. Join Buddy in his crazy and fun adventures as he brings the Christmas spirit to those around him! This is a great fun-filled movie to watch with family!

2. The Santa Clause

Tim Allen plays Scott Calvin, a businessman in the toy manufacturing company. Scott and his son are transported to the North Pole, where he learns he must take the role of Santa. I watched this movie every year in school and it never fails to make me laugh.

3. The Polar Express

When a mysterious train makes a stop in front of his house, a young, and doubtful, boy takes an adventurous ride to the North Pole where he and his new friends learn that seeing is believing. This is by far my favorite Christmas movie of all time. Everything about it is just *chef’s kiss*.

4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

There are many renditions of the Grinch. While I do love all the films, the live-action with Jim Carrey holds a special place in my heart. The Grinch has a plan to take away any and everything holiday-related from the Whos of Whoville. Jim Carrey plays a hilarious Grinch that will definitely have you and your family in tears from laughing so hard.

5. A Charlie Brown Christmas

A classic. Nothing says the holidays more than a Charlie Brown Christmas special. This special never fails to put me in the Christmas spirit as the Peanut Gang learns more about the deeper meaning of Christmas!

6. Frosty the Snowman

Another classic. Join Frosty, a snowman brought to life by a magical hat. This hat, however, belongs to a magician who wants it back. Join Frosty and his friends on their adventure to get Frosty to the North Pole before he melts.

7. A Christmas Story

This movie is a fan favorite in my household. My parents absolutely love watching this all day on Christmas. Join Ralphie and his family in this classic Christmas comedy on their adventures as they spend the holidays.

8. Home Alone

And last, but definitely not least, Home Alone. Macaulay Culkin portrays Kevin McCallister, who wakes up to an empty house after his family accidentally forgets him as they leave for the airport. After learning that two con men plan to rob his house, Kevin takes matters into his own hands to protect his home. I absolutely adore this movie and think it’s a great film to watch with your family or friends!

Alexandra Buck

Scranton '25

Hi everyone!! I’m an Early and Primary Education major! I love hanging out with my friends, listening to music, and reading!