This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner, I have come up with some things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving.

To start off, I am thankful for everything and everyone life has given me this year. To be more specific with that, I am thankful for being able to be at the University of Scranton this school year and being able to learn from magnificent teachers.

I am overwhelmed with thanks for my parents, grandparents, and everyone else in my family who is always there for me.

I am thankful for that shooting star I saw last week and the music I will continue to sing and scream to until my lungs give out.

I’m sincerely thankful to all my long and new friendships I have been able to make with the most incredible people in life.

I am thankful for all the delicious foods I have been able to eat and try for the first time this year and all the coffee that has helped me survive my days!

I’m thankful for all the books I have been able to read especially The Sun Will Rise and So Will We.

I am truly thankful for all the furry pets I have been able to meet and love and extremely thankful for two doggies named Luna and Mexi who are more like family than pets.

I’m thankful for such an amazing summer I had this year and being able to meet the most amazing little children at my job and being able to be a part of their lives.

I can continue to go on listing so many other things I am thankful for but for now I will just sum it up and say once more I am so thankful for everything and everyone life has given me this year! <3

Julie Rubino

Scranton '26

Hi my name is Julie! I'm a marketing major at the University of Scranton. I love to read, exercise, go to beaches, drink coffee, and write. Two passions of mine are business and photography!