This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

“Shoutout to My Ex” is all about reminding everyone out that that you’re still a BAD BLEEP, no matter who’s in your life. Always know your worth, and never let ANYONE tell you any different!  

Here are some of my personal, classic favorites to scream at the top of my lungs that I think you should know ALL the words to!   

I Forgot That You Existed – Taylor Swift  

Taylor couldn’t have said it any better in this catchy song! You may be all about someone one day thinking you’ll never get over it, but someday you’ll wake up and you won’t even remember why you were so caught up. Not because you’re petty or upset, but because you have truly moved on.  

Broken Clocks – SZA  

I firmly believe that you cannot go wrong with this SZA album. I basically HAVE to blast this song every time I’m getting ready to put myself in the ~mood~. SZA shows that no matter what happens, you just gotta go day by day and be that unbothered bad bleep that you are!  

Josslyn – Olivia O’Brien  

If you don’t know Olivia O’Brien by now, you are missing out! Between her TikToks, Call Her Daddy episode, and just overall persona in general, you can tell that she TRULY embodies the bad b*tch energy. Even though she’s about the same age as all of us, Olivia O’Brien channels all her energy on writing songs about the stupid things guys seem to do in many dooming relationships. This song was THE song to shout when your boyfriend, that’s not really your boyfriend, should’ve still known better.  

FIGURES – Jessie Reyez  

This one is a little change of pace compared to the other ones. This might not be as well-known as all the others, but I PROMISE IT’S GOOD. Even though it’s a little slower, Jessie Reyez really hits the spot when it comes to describing the heartbreak and anger that results from it. I mean she literally curses him out when talking about how he’d feel if roles were reversed. The song is PERFECT to scream at the top of your lungs to remind yourself that all this anger you’re feeling is VALID.  

Shout Out to My Ex – Little Mix  

I mean, you had to see this one coming… this song is THE song to scream for this vibe. Little Mix truly covers it all in this song. While you may want to resent your ex for moving on to someone else, at the end of the day, you need to realize that however way it ended, your ex has still taught you lessons that you can’t forget. No matter how disconnected you may feel from them now, you wouldn’t be the bad bleep you are without this experience. It is only up from here. You got this.  

Just an occupational therapy major that loves to nap. Can't live without puppies, coffee, mac n' cheese, traveling, or shopping. Follow her on Instagram @danielle_921 to see her life in little squares!
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.