This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

I recently listened to the song “Queen of Disaster,” by the one and only Lana Del Rey- an angelic voice with a melody of cruel realities. I know, I know, don’t make fun of me! I just discovered a song that was released in 2013. But, I am extremely happy that I did. 

What you do to me is indescribable,

Got me sparkling just like an emerald.

Set my soul on fire, make me wild,

Like the deep blue sea.

No other boy ever made me feel beautiful,

When I’m in your arms, feels like I have it all,

Is it your tattoos or golden grill,

That makes me feel this way?

Got me spinning like a ballerina,

Feeling gangsta every time I see ya,

You’re the king and, baby, I’m the queen of

Disaster, disaster.

Lana Del Rey’s song tells a tale as old as time. An epic bad boy love story. The lyrics express that her bad boy made her feel like she could finally be herself- whimsical, yet wild and free. A love so strong that it gave her purpose. A love so strong the stars aligned. 

I agree with Lana Del Rey. 

Bad boy love makes you feel in a sense unstoppable, yet it also makes you feel worthless. One second, it can make you feel on top of the world. While the next, it can make you feel like the world is crumbling down on top of you. It doesn’t just break your heart once, or twice- you suffer a lifetime of heart break all from one bad boy. It makes you question if your perception of love is correct. If your perception of love is nothing more than a silly romance movie. 

Bad boy love makes you feel like you are walking through a land of euphoria. A mystical, lustful world with no roads signs and no direction. 

Bad boy love makes you feel like the queen of disaster. 

Just don’t forget a queen’s time as ruler falls and rises like the sun. 

Mackenzie Mickavicz is a senior at The University of Scranton who majors in strategic communications with a public relations track and concentrations in women's and gender studies. This is her second year as CC of Her Campus Scranton. She loves coffee, candy and cupcakes.
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.