My Top Five Morgan Wallen Songs and Why You Should Listen to Them

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Morgan Wallen has emerged as one of the brightest stars in contemporary country music, capturing the hearts of fans worldwide with his distinctive voice, heartfelt lyrics and undeniable charm. With his signature blend of traditional country roots and modern influences, Wallen has delivered hit after hit, solidifying his position as an industry powerhouse. From soulful songs to infectious anthems, here’s a journey through some of the best Morgan Wallen songs that have left an indelible mark on country music lovers everywhere.

1. “Whiskey Glasses”

One of Morgan Wallen’s most iconic songs, “Whiskey Glasses” is a catchy and relatable anthem that resonates with anyone who’s ever turned to the bottle to mend a broken heart. With its infectious melody and clever wordplay, this song became an instant favorite among fans, skyrocketing to the top of the charts and securing Wallen’s status as a rising star in the country music genre.

2. “7 Summers”

“7 Summers” showcases Wallen’s storytelling prowess as he reminisces about a past romance that still lingers in his memory. The song’s laid-back vibe and nostalgic lyrics transport listeners to lazy summer days and youthful love, making it a standout track on Wallen’s album. With its dreamy melody and heartfelt delivery, “7 Summers” is a testament to Wallen’s ability to captivate audiences with his authenticity and emotion.

3. “Sand In My Boots”

As the lead single from his highly anticipated sophomore album, “Sand in My Boots” has quickly become a fan favorite and a staple in Morgan Wallen’s live performances. With its intriguing melody and powerful lyrics, the song paints a vivid picture of longing as Wallen reflects on lost love against the backdrop of a coastal town. The song’s raw emotion and powerful imagery showcase Wallen’s growth as a songwriter and solidify his place as one of country music’s brightest talents.

4. “More Than My Hometown”

“More Than My Hometown” is a heartfelt ballad that explores the complexities of small-town love and the sacrifices we make for the ones we care about. With its lively chorus and heartfelt lyrics, the song struck a chord with many listeners, earning Wallen widespread acclaim and securing its place as one of his most beloved tracks. “More Than My Hometown” showcases Wallen’s versatility as an artist and his ability to connect with audiences on a deeply personal level.

5. “Chasin’ You”

“Chasin’ You” is a soulful song that explores the bittersweet longing for a past love that still haunts Wallen. With its infectious melody and heartfelt lyrics, the song captures the universal experience of yearning for something just out of reach. Wallen’s passionate delivery and powerful vocals elevate the music to new heights, earning it a spot as one of his most beloved tracks.

From heartfelt songs to infectious anthems, Wallen continues to captivate audiences with his distinctive voice and authentic storytelling. With each new release, he solidifies his place as one of country music’s brightest stars, leaving an indelible mark on the genre for years to come.

Emma Schultz

Scranton '27

Hi! My Name is Emma Schultz. I am an Early and Primary Education Major. My favorite things include listening to country music, reading, going outside, hanging out with friends, watching football, and sometimes even binging a little Netflix. I also love taking my dog, Tucker, out for walks.