This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Since Thanksgiving was last week, I thought it would be fun to rank the Thanksgiving sides I had at dinner! Usually my family hosts Thanksgiving, but this year was a little bit different. On Thanksgiving Day, we met our relatives at a restaurant that served a traditional Thanksgiving meal and then on Friday I celebrated a Thanksgiving 2.0 with my immediate family. It was definitely a lot of fun, and I had a lot of great food so let’s get into it!

The brussels sprouts my mom made this year really impressed me and they were probably my favorite side! I don’t usually like brussels sprouts, but this year they really stood out so I would have to rank them first on my list.

Obviously, mashed potatoes have to go next! Mashed potatoes are such a classic Thanksgiving side and they never disappoint! Adding a little bit of gravy is definitely the way to go and they make great leftovers!

This year we added mac & cheese to the Thanksgiving table and it was scrumptious! Definitely a 10 out of 10, as always.

I would have to say next is stuffing. When I was younger I did not like stuffing, and I would always avoid it at Thanksgiving, but in recent years I’ve come to enjoy it and it has made an appearance on my Thanksgiving plate. Still not at the top of my list, but stuffing is slowly moving up.

Last, but not least, was our corn dish. We sprinkled bacon on top and mixed in some peppers to add flavor. It was still amazing but the other sides definitely outdid the corn. Of course, I still had two servings at dinner and heated it up for lunch the next day.

I always enjoy the food we have on Thanksgiving and it’s definitely a fun holiday to celebrate with the people you love. My family will be eating leftovers for weeks and I will have to make a few more trips to the gym this month!

Ariana Isayiw

Scranton '25

I am a kinesiology major at the University of Scranton. I am from Westminster, Maryland but absolutely love the idea of living in North Carolina one day! My favorite season is fall, my favorite color is lavender, and my favorite food is sushi. I am not a writer at heart but love compiling short lists that share my favorite things :)