This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

I can’t be the only one who constantly thinks (and overthinks) my future, right? Daily I think about my life in every aspect going forward. I think about my family, my friends, myself, school, my future career, ugh this is stressful!

Who’s going to be in my life forever?

I wonder if I’ll still have an amazing family relationship that I’ve had my whole life. I wonder if I’ll see them often or if I’ll be hundreds of miles away and only see them for holidays. I think about my friends, how many have come and gone. Who will be here forever?

Will I hit a plateau on my personal growth?

Every day I make it my goal to become a better person on the inside and on the outside. Although I get scared that I’ll hit a wall and not be able to blossom anymore. I’m scared of failure and even though I know many people are, since no one talks about it, I can often feel alone.

Will I get through college?

Higher education is a beautiful thing and I’m happy to be here. But WOW if can be stressful and a rollercoaster of emotions. I always question this is going to be a terrible week, can I do this? Will I get through this or will this be my breaking point? It’s hard to always think positive when a lot is going on at once. I want to get good grades and continue to be involved in my various clubs and leadership positions.

Where will my career take me?

Now this one I know we all can relate to. Where will I work? Where will I end up? Will I be successful. OMG what if no one ever hires me? Finding internships and jobs are super hard these days. I often panic about where I will be working one day. I just want someone to believe in me and let me start with them to gain my experience.

Who will I end up with?

Last but not least… Who will I end up with? Who will I marry? Who’s going to be able to handle me I mean really!! I often picture my future but of course we don’t know how it will play out. I wonder who my man will be, how my house will look, where will I even live? I’m definitely a certified day dreamer and oh boy do I fantasize… but shhh that’s our little secret! Xoxo,

Gabriella

Gabriella Basile was CC and President of Her Campus Scranton during the 2018-2019 academic school year.
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so