The opinions expressed in this article are the writer’s own and do not reflect the views of Her Campus.
In this day and age, when we are constantly advertised to, in a world where influencers are paid to say just about everything, I think it’s refreshing to hear from a voice that actually uses the products they recommend, and in this article, that’s me!
I am twenty-years-old and have been using skincare since I was in middle school. At first, I just wore sunscreen and moisturizer. Since then, my routine has changed quite a bit, but it’s still an attainable and affordable routine that uses products that actually work and keep working all day.
1. The first step is the Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Essence. I don’t wash my face in the morning because I have extremely dry skin, but if you want to, that’s totally fine. I use this essence from Good Molecules. This brand was introduced to me a few years ago from a friend and I absolutely love it. The products work and the price is reasonable, so I would absolutely recommend checking them out. This essence feels really nice on my skin and adds a little extra hydration which works wonders for my skin type. I apply either with a reusable cotton pad, or just my hands and let it dry for a couple of seconds before moving onto my next step.
2. My next step is also from Good Molecules, it’s the Hyaluronic Acid Serum. I love this stuff so much! It is the best serum I have every used. This serum also has Hyaluronic acid, which is incredibly hydrating and lasts all day. The serum isn’t sticky like other ones I’ve used, it feels very light-weight which I also love. I only use one drop, so it lasts a long time.
3. After that, I use my moisturizer. My absolute favorite moisturizer is the Pond’s Dry Skin Cream Facial Moisturizer. I have been using this moisturizer for years and I will never use another one for the rest of my life. It is so inexpensive (I get mine from Amazon or CVS usually) and feels so nice on the skin. It’s lightweight but is so rich and hydrating.
4. The next thing I use is my On-the-Spot Acne Treatment. I have been pretty lucky in that, I haven’t struggled very much with acne, but even still, I get pimples every
now and again, and when I do, this stuff is what I use. I just put a little dot wherever I need it for a couple of days, and then, it’s completely gone.
5. Now on some days, my skin feels drier than usual, on those days, I use an oil in addition to all of this. My current favorite is the Bakuchiol Oil Blend for Dry Skin, which is again, from Good Molecules! I only need one drop of this, and I’m good to go.
6. My last step for my morning routine is of course, sunscreen! I use the Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 from Supergoop. Sunscreen is so important, no matter what your skin tone is. I am always sure to use this every morning, whether the sun’s out or not.