“Mean Girls” Cast Reunites to Bring New Meaning to October 3rd

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

The cast of Mean Girls has taken the opportunity surrounding the hype of October 3rd, also known as Mean Girls day, to raise money for the victims of the Las Vegas shooting this past Sunday via a GoFundMe campaign.

The GoFundMe page, which was created by Brian Tyler Cohen, features a video of Amanda Seyfried, Jonathan Bennett, Lacey Chabert and Daniel Franzese asking fans to donate $3 each in order to reach their goal of $300,000.  In the video, Chabert says, “We know fetch is never going to happen, but we can make this happen.” All four actors have posted these videos on their social media accounts, and the campaign has gained the attention of news outlets in the last few hours.

Take a look at one-minute video posted on the GoFundMe page.

The campaign works directly with the National Compassion Fund, which also collected funds for the Pulse Nightclub shooting in 2016, and the Aurora shooting in 2012. 100% of the money donated to this campaign will be distributed to the victims of the shooting through the National Compassion Fund. As of now, the campaign has already raised $27,222.

Donate to their GoFundMe campaign here, and be sure to share it on social media to get others involved.

Katie is an avid coffee drinker, Youtube addict, and online shopping enthusiast who is a sophomore at Scranton majoring in Neuroscience and Philosophy. If you see her studying, she's probably listening to the Harry Potter Score on repeat.
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so