A Look Inside a House on Clay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Almost everyone has the same reaction when I tell them that I live with eleven other girls – “you must be nuts” or “jeez how many fights occur in a week?” are just a few of the questions we have to face. But in reality, if you only knew how much love is in that house, you’d be surprised. Here’s your chance to meet eleven of my beautiful housemates and learn why living off campus is the best college experience. 

I asked my housemates what the best/worst part of living with your best friends, a fun fact, and their favorite song to ‘whip’ to!

Meet Casey “FWACO” O’Hara”
Best: Always having someone to play with!
Worst: Cleaning on Sundays
Fun Fact: I have a miniature poodle named Charlie, who doubles as my son.
Song: Right Now (na na na) by Akon

Meet Gabrielle “Gabe” Dominick
Best: Unlimited number of dance parties, and having at least three moments a day that results in stomach pain from crying of laughter.
Worst: Is there a worst part???
Fun Fact: People find it funny that I was born in Bethlehem, raised in Nazereth, and my name is Gabrielle (like the angel Gabriel) … oh and I can say the ABC’s really fast backwards.
Song: Roses/Love Yourself Mashup

Meet Madeline “Caution” Chiardio
Best: Always having a friend! Whether it is filling up every seat at a long table in DeNaples for dinner, venting about our days, having a dance party in the living room, going from room to room for a shirt to wear out or some hairspray, or just spending lazy weekend mornings/weekday nights together, it is so nice to always have a good friend just a step away! (literally)
Worst: The laundry situation. Twelve girls with tons of clothes plus just one washer/dryer in a creepy flood prone basement is just not the best combination.
Fun Fact: All but two of us met on 3rd floor Nevils freshman year!
Song: Ahh tough one. I would have to say the best song to whip to is either Love Yourself/ Roses Mashup or the throwback Right Now (na na na) but I mean you can obviously whip to any song, RIGHT?!

Meet Lindsey “Wiesey” Wiese
Best: 11 closets to raid
Worst: I get so bored during break because I’m so used to living with 11 of my best friends.
Fun Fact: We actually have 15 people that live in the house…
Song: Ride by Somo

Meet Lauren “Wiesen” Wiese 
Best: Always having my friends around 24/7
Worst: The dirty bathrooms!
Fun Fact: I’m a certified scuba diver.
Song: Roses, duhhh!

Meet Erin “600 lb woman” Finnerty
Best: I constantly getting an ab workout from laughing with everyone. When we are all together we joke around, take things wayyyyyy too far and end up cracking up on our living room floor.
Worst: Since there is never a dull moment living with so many people, its sometimes hard to buckle down and get work done.
Fun Fact: I studied abroad in South Africa last year!
Song: Roses by the Chainsmokers

Meet Madelyn “DOGE” Corbett
Best: I live with my 11 best friends so there’s never a dull moment!
Worst: I never want to leave the house.
Fun Fact: We are actually all men.
Song: El Chapo.

Meet Alex “ALEXMIRANDA” Miranda
Best: I have twelve closets so I’m never wearing my own clothes.
Worst: My room is always a mess and we tend to hang out in there a lot because of my speakers and LED!!!
Fun Fact: I’m from Long Island and live on the best beach in the world – Long Beach, NY #lbnynotlbca
Song: Anything. We have perfected the art of whipping to literally any song.

Meet Allyson Szepanski
Best: Someone always wants to watch Beyoncé and Jayz’s On the Run Tour with me.
Worst: Having three bathrooms for twelve girls
Fun Fact: Our house is haunted.
Song: Roses/ Love Yourself Mashup

Meet Morgan “DIGS” Digney
Best: Always have someone to hangout with!
Worst: All the hormones in one house…
Fun Fact: We all lived on the same floor freshman year! SHOUTOUT TO NEVILS! (except Casey)
Song: Roses, obviously

Meet Natalia “Polish Idiot” Kucharska
Best: It is impossible to ever be sad when you get to come home to a dance party with eleven of your best friends.
Worst: The weird obsession I have developed with each of them. Not sure what to do with myself when I am home and away from all of them!
Fun Fact: I am currently studying abroad in Spain!
Song: Crazy Frog

In the end, the best always outnumbers the worst. Living with eleven other girls who are all so different from each other, yet so perfect for one another is one of the best college experiences you can have.

Elizabeth Transue is a Communication Broadcasting major with a minor in Political Science at The University of Scranton. Her life changed when she studied abroad in London and fell in love with traveling. She is obsessed with her adorable pug, Chikfila, and her eleven best friends who just so happen to be her housemates. She can't hold a tune or keep a rhythm but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! Am I right?
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so