Kelsey Cirillo, Presidency Powers Future

Name: Kelsey CirilloYear: 2015Major: CommunicationMinor: Political Science Hometown: Ridgewood, NJ

HC: What clubs and activities are you involved in on campus?KC: I am a member of the communication advisory board, I am president of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) and have taken the course Scranton Emerging Leaders.  I also work at the desk in the department of communication. 

HC: How has being the President of PRSSA affected you?KC: Being President of PRSSA has allowed me to meet a lot people and develop so many skills.  I do not think I would have a job offer if I was not the president of PRSSA.

HC: Congratulations on your job offer! What is one piece of advice you would give to others when job hunting?KC: A piece of advice I would give is never stop networking it is so important to talk to people. You never know how they can help you or who they know. Also always have a strong handshake! 

HC: How has your experience at Scranton prepared you for life after graduation?KC: Living on my own has definitely prepared me for life after graduation. I have learned the affects of hot sauce since I am no longer allowed to put it on EVERYTHING anymore.

HC: What is the one thing you are going to miss most about Scranton?KC: I will definitely miss living with my nine best friends. I won’t miss late night eating at Ck’s.

HC: Who has had the biggest influence on you throughout your college experience?KC: My parents have definitely supported me more than I could ever imagine. I do have a mentor, he has really guided me through getting internships and now in to my first job.  I owe him a huge thank you for always willing to take a phone call and listen to me talk at a mile a minute. 

HC: If you could receive a round-trip plane ticket to any one place right now where would it be and why?KC: Well I might book a flight in the coming days somewhere…. but I really want to go back to Italy so if cost doesn’t matter I would take a trip to Florence and eat all of the bruschetta and pasta I can.  I went abroad to Florence last January but it was simply not enough time.  

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?KC: 10 years is a long way away and I am in no rush.  But when I am 31 I hope to be working for a top executive search firm in New York City.  I would like to be married and have children.  My biggest goal would be to have an amazing walk-in closet filled with lots of shoes and great clothes.