This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Accutane is not as terrible as everyone believes. I was on it for six months in my senior year of high school. While your skin does become extremely dry, it is manageable if you use the right moisturizers and care for your skin. Here’s how I survived: 

Hydrate

Drink as much water as you possibly can. Invest in good water bottle that you will carry everywhere. I bought a 32 oz. Hydroflask. I love it so much it keeps my water cold all day! 

MoisturizeYour Face

I use Neutrogena Hydroboost Extra-Dry Skin Gel-Cream. This moisturizer is amazing! It is lightweight and not sticky. It feels like nothing is even on your face. It does not smell and it is very affordable! 

Exfoliate

With all the dry skin, it’s important to remove the dead skin and rehydrate the healthy skin underneath. My favorite exfoliator is Tree Hut Moroccan Rose. It smells amazing lasts forever! 

Moisturize Your Body

My favorite lotion is Palmers Cocoa Butter. It smells like chocolate and it makes you skin super soft. 

Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.