The Girl Who Does It All

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

A friendly, hardworking, funny, and genuine friend, she is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. This Jersey girl goes to great lengths to be her best self and bring out the best in others. Ladies and gentlemen, a girl I am proud to call my friend, Miss Julia Dolan!

Name: Julia Dolan
Major: Counseling and Human Services
Year: Senior
Hometown: Clarke, NJ

HC: You have been a part of so many things on campus in various offices. Tell us about a few of them!
JD: Orientation, Search and ISP are my top 3. I just finished my 3rd and final year on the Orientation team. I loved being an OA because it opened so many doors to new opportunities. Sophomore year, I went on Search 71 and was lucky enough to be asked to lead 74 and 75 and now, I am team leader for 77 and 78! The same year, I was fortunate enough to go on a service trip to Mexico City with ISP to the Yolia girl’s home and was again lucky to be asked to be a peer facilitator.  I am so excited!

HC: What’s your favorite part of being involved on campus?
JD: I love being able to meet new people. I have made so many friends through everything I have been part of and I honestly may not have met them, had I not gotten involved.

HC: What’s it like to live with some of your best friends?
JD: My favorite part is that it’s just like having a sleepover every night. We’re always laughing together and its so much fun. I love that I am able to spend senior year living with my best friends!

HC: What is something most people don’t know about you?
JD: I am seriously obsessed with the elderly! I love going to the nursing home and hanging out with them.

HC: Have you grown particularly close to someone who works at the U?
JD: YES! Cathy Seymour! She is like my mom at school. I really respect her and view her as an incredible role model and friend. Also, Bev from the POD, she’s my soul sister and best friend.

HC: Who is your biggest motivator?
JD: Definitely my mom. It sounds cliché, but she’s always there to pick me up when I’m down and support me. She’s my biggest cheerleader and I’m so lucky to know I can count on her no matter what!

HC: Why did you choose your major?
JD: I picked Counseling and Human Services because when I was applying for school, I wanted to study something that would allow me to help people. I saw it as a way to pay it forward and be someone for others because so many people have helped me throughout my life.

HC: What are you looking to do post G-word?
JD: Oh my goodness why would you ask me this?! But, I am applying to do a year of service post-grad. I’m not sure where that’s going to take me, but it’s definitely what I’m interested in right now.

HC: What’s your favorite memory of senior year thus far?
JD: It’s hard to pick one, but it has to be any time spent with my friends. Whether it’s kickball tournaments in our backyard or weird Sunday nights, it’s been so nice to spend time with everyone I love.

HC: Any words of advice from a senior for our readers?
JD: Take advantage of the time you have right now. Don’t wait until tomorrow to do what you want because your time here is so limited.

Lauren is a junior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Educational Studies.  This Long Island girl is guaranteed to give you a hug even if you saw her just a few short minutes ago. She loves anything to do with nature whether it is skiing, hiking or instagramming and is so excited to be a part of HC Scranton! 
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so