Five Ways to Romanticize Fall This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

“And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.” – Oscar Wilde

Every year, I look forward to the fall season. When summer nears its end, I am sad to see it go, but I am also tired of the heat and long for the day I can finally wear a sweater. However, when fall finally comes, it is not always as glamorous as I remember. The air is cold, schoolwork is piling up, allergies are running rampant, and the flu is in the air. With all these things, it can be difficult to have a positive outlook on the fall season. Here are some ways to romanticize fall through all the shivers, schoolwork, sniffles, and sneezes.

1. Binge Gilmore Girls (Again)

In my opinion, Gilmore Girls is the quintessential fall show. When I watch it, I feel like I am transported to the adorable small town of Stars Hollow, where there is seemingly an endless supply of coffee and a festival for every holiday. Even though I have rewatched it multiple times, it never gets old. If you are not a big Gilmore Girls fan, just watch anything that makes you laugh and makes you feel warm on a chilly autumn night.

2. Treat yourself to your favorite fall Starbucks drink (or any Starbucks drink really)

I am ashamed to admit that I had never had a pumpkin spice latte until this year, but I tried it, and it was delicious! It tasted like autumn in a cup. If you’re not a huge fan of pumpkin or apple-flavored drinks, that’s okay! Any coffee, tea, or hot chocolate can still get you into the fall spirit.

3.. Make a fall playlist

So many songs fit the fall vibe perfectly. Here are some of my favorite tunes for the fall season!

– Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest

– The Fall Song by Bridgit Mendler

– Where You Lead by Carole King

– Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer

– All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault) by Taylor Swift

4. Sweaters, sweaters, and more sweaters!

One of my favorite things about the fall season is the clothes. The second the temperature drops below 70 degrees, I put away my shorts and tank tops and bring out my sweaters, leggings, and boots. Now that the weather is getting colder, the time has come to bring out your favorite fall outfits so you can stay warm AND stylish this season.

5. Enjoy the fall foliage

Fall is a cold season, but it is also a beautiful one. When the leaves start to change, every tree on campus is covered with bright bursts of red, orange, and yellow. If you have a chance, head down to Nay Aug Park sometime this season and check out the leaves. If not, there is plenty of beautiful fall foliage right here on our Scranton campus! Hopefully, it helps to brighten your daily walks to class.

Sheila Miller

Scranton '26

Hi I'm Sheila! I'm a sophomore journalism and electronic media major. I love to sing and listen to music, and I'm a HUGE Taylor Swift fan! I also love animals, and I have two dogs and two cats.