College As Told By Beyoncé

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Beyoncé Knowles, whether we want to admit it or not, has taught us a thing or two about how to be our fiercest. Her inspiring lifestyle and empowering music is worthy of our worship. She does not only teach us how to be sasha-awesome…she describes our college life, too. 

Your housemates judge you for sipping some wine on a Wednesday night when you have a huge assignment due the next day. Don’t worry though, your public speaking professor told you that you aced your speech. But then dun dun dun… midterms come around and you’re on the verge of just quitting school all together. Since the weather is changing from smoldering hot to the arctic tundra, you wish you took those vitamin C tablets (‘Tis the season to use one of your three absences!) And then your parents call you for the first time in two months demanding why your midterm grades aren’t so hot. But it’s fine, because at least your friends have your back. So, to the left to the left with midterms.  The weekend calls for kicking back and relaxing. Relax? It’s impossible to relax when you get three hours of sleep because you must make it until the break of dawn. Sunday brunch is the only acceptable excuse you have to actually leave your bedroom and start the new day.It’s Sunday night and you realize how much work you neglected throughout the weekend.

On Monday, your professor assigns a group project. The only way it will get done is if you take charge… because sometimes group members can be ‘too busy’ to help out. Starbucks can help you in your darkest time, until the barista tells you they ran out of your favorite flavor and you must settle for less. I mean, who can you trust anymore?

Beyoncé gives no f**** especially when the camera is on her at all times. That’s pretty relatable when your friends snapchat you walking down the Commons. But all in all, keep on working through the tough times that life and college throw at you. Someone once told me that in 20 years from now, you’re going to wish your biggest problem was having four midterms, three speeches and five papers due in the same week. Enjoy college because before we know it, it’s over. So live life like Queen Bey. Be as fabulous and awesome as you are, and FLAUNT IT.

I'm a twenty-year-old junior at the University of Scranton. I aspire to work in public relations after I graduate, as well as travel the world. I grew up on the south shore of Long Island.
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so