This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

1. Picnic

This is the perfect, non-expensive date idea for couples who are trying to save money. A picnic is really cheap because all that you need to bring is food and drinks. The perfect romantic meal idea for this is sandwiches and mimosas. Both are so easy to make and bring to a quiet outdoor area. Even if there are no areas to go around you, you can do it in your backyard. This is quick, easy, and great for spending some quality time with your partner. 

2. Stargazing

Sometimes, less is more. Stargazing is so simple and fun to do. All you need is a car or an open field or space to go to. Set up a blanket in the trunk of a truck or a bigger car and lay back. Play some music, look up at the stars, and just appreciate each other’s company. Sing, giggle, and have fun during this little time away from all the stress of the world. 

3. Drive-in Movie

A drive-in movie can be such a fun thing to do on a hot summer night with your partner. It may cost you guys a few bucks, but I guarantee doing something fun and different will be worth it. Drive-in movies are the best because you can cuddle up next to your person and just enjoy a good, old fashioned movie.

4. Hiking

Hiking is a great way to adventure for virtually no money. You may need to drive to a trail but that is it. Hiking is great exercise and you feel accomplished when you arrive at the end or at the peak of a mountain. You guys can take in the great view, talk, and take cute pictures. During the entire walk, you can also learn new things about each other and have time to do a lot of talking and bonding. Hiking is fun and hard work at the same time, but go for the challenge next time you are looking for a free date. 

Emma Nemitz

Scranton '22

Chemistry Business Major Golf Team From Moscow, PA