The 8 Types of Girls You Meet At Scranton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

1. The Preppy Girl     Consistently equipped with a Vineyard Vines tee, Ralph Lauren baseball cap, puffer vest, Sperrys, and North Face backpack, these gals make up the general population here at the U.

2. The Local/Commuter     This girl is an expert in everything NEPA (Northeast Pennsylvania). She probably went to Scranton Prep and has an accent that sounds slightly like Sarah Palin.

3. Your Weird Freshman Year Roommate    You casually spot her around campus, unsure if you should say hi or not. Your past experiences together include either her lack of social skills, unusual obsession with Anime comics, or dealing with her drinking problem on the weekends (and/or weekdays). Oh the memories.

4. The Long Island Chick    Prior to your start at Scranton, you never realized how many people would hail from this notorious section of New York. They claim their pizza, beaches and bars are they best; you hate to    admit they are probably right. 

5. The Health Science Major    The OT, PT, and nursing majors; they’re everywhere and they’re a cult. Suffering through anatomy and physiology together freshman year really bonds you on another level.

6. The Athlete     These girls will be regularly spotted in their team apparel, coming into DeNaples with either their lax sticks or softball gear. You’ve also always been secretly envious of their perfection of the    side bang braid/pony tail combo.

7. The “I Wish I Were Her”    The girl who can go out Thursday through Saturday and still obtain a 3.9 GPA. Oh and she’s super pretty and friendly. Not fair.

8. Your Best FriendYour ride or die chick who will most likely be the maid of honor at your wedding. Whether you were lucky enough to live on the same floor freshman year, were in the same U.S. History class sophomore year, or drunkenly met up in the hills one evening, your bond is unbreakable and you are so lucky to have her in your life.

Jenna is a senior occupational therapy student here at the U. She enjoys making people laugh, frolicking in warm weather, eating copious amounts of food, and dancing the night away. Follow her on insta @jennarizzy
Elise is a Jersey girl who loves to travel the world, she enjoys keeping up with the latest fashion trends and believes an Instagram a day keeps the doctor away. She is a senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Writing. Elise is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend Samantha (every brunette needs a blonde right?) This past summer she interned in Public Relations at The Thomas Collective, a boutique lifestyle agency in New York City. When her toes are not in the sand, she’s hailing a cab or packing her bags ready to jet set anywhere and everywhere. Fun Fact: Elise is a member of Scranton’s Equestrian team. Follow her on Instagram @liseyleelee and on Twitter @eliseteresa!