Life > Experiences

5 fun things to do with friends around the holidays!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, the holiday season has officially begun! Since the festive times are rapidly approaching, here are five fun things to do with friends this holiday season!

1. Bake cookies

This is something super fun you and your friends can do to get into the spirit. Whether you crack open a box of Christmas Pillsbury cookies, or you decide to bake some from scratch, it is something you will enjoy doing. And you’ll have an extra treat!

2. Watch Christmas movies

Whether you want to do a marathon of all the Home Alone movies, or laugh along to Elf, there are plenty of movies for any mood you and your friends are in!

3. Build gingerbread houses

This is something I always do with my friends, and we always have a blast! We get way too competitive and like to see who can make the best house. We dance around the kitchen listening to Christmas music covering our gingerbread houses in frosting and gummies.

4. Decorate ornaments

This is something I’ve never done before, but my friends and I are doing it this year. It is a fun, in-the-moment activity, where you create a memory for your future Christmases!

5. Do a Secret Santa

This is another activity that my friends and I do every year. Even though it never stays a secret, we always enjoy it and can’t wait to see what we get each other.

Hannah Sheehan

Scranton '26

Hi I'm Hannah! I am a sophomore health administration major with a business minor and a women and gender studies concentration at the University of Scranton. I am involved in the health administration society, HerCampus, orientation staff, an admissions co-director, and the visitor's center. I love dancing, listening to music, and spending time with friends!! :)