19 Life Lessons Blair Waldorf Taught Us

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Known for her incredible style and ingenious schemes, Blair Waldorf is the most bad a** character to emerge from a TV show. The original Queen B (sorry Beyoncé!) inspired viewers to channel their inner Upper East-Side. She took the world by storm, one sassy comment at a time. Although Gossip Girl has sadly ended, Blair’s approach to life left us with 19 fabulous lessons.

1. Know who you are and embrace it.

2. Retail therapy can definitely brighten your day…at least temporarily.

3. Cherish your friends and always be there for them.

4. Be the force to be reckoned with.

5. Sometimes pulling an all-nighter is necessary to be successful.

6. Love deeply and always express how you feel.

7. Don’t be afraid to let go and move on if it’s what is best for you.

8. You don’t need anyone to complete you. Being yourself is more than enough.

9. Removing negative people from your life is liberating.

10. Optimism is key.

11. You should never settle for anything less than you deserve.

12. It is okay to admit that you’re not okay.

13. Don’t allow anyone dull your sparkle. EVER.

14. If someone doesn’t treat you like the goddess you are, they don’t deserve you.

15. Fashion is more than just clothes.

16. The world is your oyster, so eat well and travel often!

17. Be ambitious. Don’t let anyone or anything keep you from pursuing your dreams.

18. Be proactive and make things happen for yourself.

19. You don’t have to be a member of the royal family to act like a princess. (Shout out to my Scranton Royals!)

So the next time you’re in a rut, wear a headband and ask yourself, “What would Blair Waldorf do?”

You know you love me. XOXO Gossip Girl.

Jess is a born and raised New Yorker who can never resist a cup of coffee or a sale. She is a senior at The University of Scranton pursing a degree in strategic communication with a focus in public relations, as well as a minor in management. Jess loves to spend her days galavanting across Manhattan, and is overly obsessed chicken cutlets, golden retrievers and Mark Wahlberg. She is so excited to be a member of the Her Campus Scranton family!
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so