This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Many of you on SCAD’s campus may already know the lovely Joshua McLeod (also featured in on our page’s Campus Cuties), but do you know Victor + Alexander? For those of you who are unfamiliar, Victor + Alexander is Josh’s lifestyle blog and online storefront. On the website you can find DIY videos, fashion posts, his portfolio, and a place to add some of his totes into your cart. After Josh collaborated with my usual photographer Maddie on an upcoming fashion post featuring gingham, the two of us decided to take some more shots of Josh and his bags. We also interviewed him on everything Victor + Alexander, from the name all the way to what we can expect to see from Josh and Victor + Alexander in the future.

Where does the name Victor + Alexander come from?

I named Victor + Alexander after my two grandfathers, Victor McLeod and Alexander Quilon. I decided to name it after them because of how dedicated they are to their families, so I wanted to dedicate something to them.

How did Victor + Alexander start?

It started when I saw this Jack Spade bag I really wanted but couldn’t afford. My motto my whole life has been “If I can’t afford it, then I can figure out how to make it” so I then decided to start creating the utility totes. I also wanted to document my entire journey from the making of the bags all the way to the final product, which is why I started the blog.

How much does a bag cost?

Any of the bags with the vegan leather cost $85 and the camo color block is $75.

Besides bags have you created other accessories or are looking to create anything else?

I want to expand to apparel, not t-shirts, I’d like to create interestingly cut shirts. I’m a big fan of minimalism and I love boxy things so I’m looking to create something along those lines.

Where did the inspiration from your classic totes come from?

Alexander Wang- he is my absolute favorite designer. I love the minimalism and the clean, modern, architectural lines he uses in his own designs. (SCAD Students: Alexander Wang will be in conversation with Dominico De Sole at Trustee’s Theater Tuesday, April 15th)

Who is your target customer?

Women from ages 18-40 which is a pretty big range. My main focus is females but I’d love to attract males, although I know carrying bags for them can be a bit daunting, which is why I am trying to work with masculine prints. 

What can we expect to see in your summer bags?

For the summer bags the theme is sorbet and sherbet. It’s going to be a lot of neon colors; bright pink, green and yellow all tied with black. Because I am so attracted to neutrals, it’s a bit out of my comfort zone, but I am very excited to deliver the final product.

Like what you saw/read on Victor + Alexander? Check out the full website at http://victoralexanderco.com.

To see Josh’s earlier collaboration with Maddie and more of her photography check out her portfolio at https://www.behance.net/madeleinemivey.

Student at the Savannah College of Art and Design majoring in Fashion Marketing and Management with a minor in writing. Shoe enthusiast with a deep rooted love for Alexander Wang. Contact: ashleynrosales@gmail.com Instagram/Twitter: @smvshed www.smashedavocados.com