Model Mayhem! Campus Cutie: Tyler Anderson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Year: Sophomore

Major: Fashion Design

Hometown: Brunswick, OH

Zodiac: Aries

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus: What was the big deciding factor for you in choosing SCAD?

Tyler: The fashion programs and all of the great opportunities that SCAD’s fashion program has to offer.  Also I felt my self-losing the love for NYC, so I had to get away for a little bit. Let me just say, I’ve definitely found my love again!

HC: How do you like it so far, and what are some of your favorite things to do around town?

Tyler: I really love the city so far, It’s much more different than New York City and the fast pace. I’m favorite thing to do around town is trying different restaurant’s. I’m a huge foodie!

HC: So you’re a model, a great one might I add. How does one go about pursuing you exactly? What typically draws you in?

Tyler: Thank you! Someone really just has to say “Hi” to me and start the conversation. I’m a true Aries in that sense, I love to be chased! What Typically draws me in, is someone with ambition and a personality and the little things about them. Their smile and the way they laugh. Also since I’m so tall (6’3) if they too are tall that is a huge plus!

HC: Do you think the fact that you model is intimidating for people who may want to pursue you?

Tyler: I hate to admit this, but I’ve been told that I intimidate people & I’ve never understood why.  I don’t want that to sound cocky, but my biggest pet peeve is when people say “You’re out of my league” or “I never thought I had a chance with you.” For me it’s more about the mental connection, physical attraction is so common that people forget about the rest.

HC: What are 3 things that you look for in a significant other?

Tyler: There are really only three simple things. They have to have ambition, I have dreams and aspirations that I want out of life and I would love to have my significant other to have the same. They have to have a sense of “wanderlust,” I love to travel and explore new places. One of my goals is to live in London as well as visit every state and get a picture with the ‘’Welcome to______ sign.” Lastly they have to be able to make bad jokes and amazing coffee, just so I start every morning with a smile.

HC: Any deal breakers?

Tyler: It’s very simple, if they are cocky and don’t have humility I’m turned off.

HC: Describe the perfect first date.

Tyler: My perfect first date is simple; going out to dinner to new restaurant I’ve never been to because I love trying to new foods, but the restaurant has to have an intimate setting so there aren’t many distractions. Somewhere, where we can sit a crossed from one another and be able to have a conversation where we can learn about each other. A perfect date besides the physical setting has to deal with our chemistry. I’m a huge romantic and I want to show that.

HC: Who is your current celebrity crush and why?

Tyler: My current one is Anderson Cooper, because of those blue eyes and his bone structure!

HC: What’s your dream job?

Tyler: My dreams job is to model and be able to travel the world with my future family. With modeling though I want to make connections, so I can work with a high fashion magazine as a creative director and possible open up my own agency one day. PLUS I want to become a motivational speaker and help those who have gone through depression & not been able to love the skin they’re in.

HC: 3 fun facts about yourself:

Tyler: 1) I can dance like Beyoncé!

2) I’m an awesome cook!

3) I can raise both of my eyebrows & make funny faces with them!

HC: Where can you usually be found on campus?

Tyler: When I am on campus I’m usually in the Library or the computer lab working on homework. Or you can find me at the photo building working with photographers.

Follow Tyler on instagram @MrMontanaa and don’t be afraid to say hello if you see him on campus!

My name is Tenisha, and I’m a junior Fashion Marketing student at the Savannah College of Art & Design. I am so excited to be a HerCampus writer this year! I am new to the team, and will be writing Campus Cuties articles in the coming months. Some of my interests include sports, music, traveling, and fashion of course. I was an athlete in high school, and I love to participate in different intramural sports whenever those times come around. I sing, so I love all types of music. Neo-Soul, jazz and rhythm and blues are my favorites, and concerts actually account for a lot of the traveling that I do these days. I’d say growing up in a military family gave me a love for that. And last but definitely not least, there’s fashion. If I had to describe my style with one word, honestly, I don’t think I could do it — I think that’s the beauty of fashion and style. It’s all a form of self-expression on the outside that gives people a small taste of who you are, or even what you’re feeling on the inside. My biggest fashion inspiration is Solange Knowles. She has impeccable taste, great music, and not to mention an amazing big sister who happens to be my favorite artist (hello, Beyoncé)! Like Solange, I love bold prints, bright colors, and pieces that are simply unique & eccentric. I just like to have fun with it! I have a fashion and lifestyle blog, Establish the New Black, where I document my personal style, inspiration, and some daily happenings pertaining to the world of fashion. I am truly excited to build on my writing and journalism skills through this internship. This is going to be a great semester, and I look forward to sharing this journey with you!