This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Upon hearing the name “Intelligent Outcasts,” I immediately wanted to see the designs that are connected to such a powerful name, and I was not disappointed. John Incampo’s t-shirt and hat designs definitely fit the name “Intelligent Outcasts.” His urban style graphics are the perfect mix of illustration and computer graphics, and are perfect for anyone who wants to wear new, out of the box clothing, and is, fittingly, an intelligent outcast. John knows that the term “outcast” has a much deeper and relevant meaning than what society deems an outcast. He wants the quiet youth who don’t believe they will ever fit in to know that the world is theirs, and to “please continue to be an outcast.”

Hometown? Long Island, New York

Year? Junior

Major? Graphic Design with a minor in Illustration

How did you come up with the name “Intelligent Outcasts”? It just came up one day in conversation between me and my friend Gray and it fit. I had thought of starting a t-shirt company before but didn’t have a name yet, so when I came up with the name it was perfect.

What made you decide to start this clothing line? I was kind of just bored with a lot of the clothes that were out. I had some free time and I wanted to start the business while I had the time in school. I also wanted to get my graphics out there and it’s easy, and also cheapest, to put graphics on shirts.

Describe the style of Intelligent Outcasts: It’s an urban, skateboarding, artistic clothing line. It’s still in the beginning stages and is really going to be pushed towards a more artistic standpoint.

Who is your target demographic? Males aged 16-25

How do you create your shirts? First I design on Photoshop and Illustrator and then I print on my DTG printer that prints right onto the shirts, and I also have a screen-printing machine.

What is something people would be surprised to know about you? I do a lot of different things and spread myself between doing my own art, school projects, and shirt designs.

Anything you’d like to add? I’ve expanded my business to print for other businesses and people who want to get their designs out there. I know how hard it is for a business without a lot of money to start up, so we try to give them good prices.

Check out Intelligent Outcasts Clothing at its website: intelligentoutcasts.com

And check out John’s art and graphics at behance.net/incampo

My name is Tiffany Troumouliaris and I am majoring in advertising at SCAD.