Inside the Life of Natalie Tribble

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

“What exactly is Fibers?” “What is a CLC?” “What do you do in Lacoste?” These are three of the most frequently questions asked by SCAD students of all years and majors around campus. Luckily for you, Natalie can answer them all. From majoring in one of the most unique majors at SCAD, to participating in a CLC, and heading to Lacoste for spring quarter, Natalie Tribble has a lot on her plate. On top of her studies, she’s also an intern for Rent the Runway at SCAD, where she writes for the chapter’s blog. Check out her interview to have all of your questions answered and learn just how interesting Natalie Tribble really is. 

Hometown? Gray, Georgia

Year? Junior

Major? Fibers

What is Fibers? In simple, its textile design. In a broader sense, it works with all the elements of textile design to create an idea.

Why did you decide to major in Fibers? I like the cross between materials and visual design- to be able to touch something and look at it.

When did you decide you wanted to go to Lacoste? As soon as I heard about it. I’ve always wanted to go.

Which classes will you be taking in Lacoste? Local cloth, local color– a fibers classed based on the textile history of the region, Biomimicry– designing based on nature, and Treasures of Provence– art history class based on the south of France.

Besides taking classes, what else will you be doing there? We have a five day trip to Paris, a trip to the ochre (a natural dye) mines, and trips to other villages around Provence.

What are you looking forward to most in Lacoste? Getting away and slowing down a little bit.

What is a CLC? A collaborative learning center class. It’s partnering with a business and the rest of the students in your class to solve whatever problem it is they give you.

What is your CLC? SCADPad- creating micro-housing in Atlanta for a select number of SCAD students. We were presented with the housing unit and we’ve been tasked to create an interactive wall system.

What is the best part about taking a CLC? Problem-solving, because you don’t really know what you’re getting into, but you have do it (in 9 weeks for us). Also working with a team and playing off of each other’s strengths. 

To learn more about SCADPad, visit http://www.scadpad.com

My name is Tiffany Troumouliaris and I am majoring in advertising at SCAD.