This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Diwali is the greatest celebration of truth, purity, and good over darkness and evil. It is one of the biggest festival of Hindus, celebrated with great enthusiasm and happiness across India. Like every other Indian festival, one day is not enough, therefore the festival is celebrated for five continuous days, encomapsing the joy of culture, traditions, and fiestas. The third day that is celebrated as the main Diwali festival is the actual ‘Festival of lights’.

Apart of the usual and generous offerings made to holy diesties, which has been a cultural part of Hindusim for centuries, Diwali also ticks all the right boxes to be considered as the most exciting time of the year. The entire nation is decorated with gorgeous and imaculate beauty, making every face smile, and every tear vanish. Shopping is the name of the game at this time of the year, boys and girls load their instagram account adored in their new tradition clothing.

This time the SCAD family celebrated Diwali in Montgomery hall . We got to witness Bollywood dance performances, traditional Indian decorations, games , henna tattoos, as well as savvor great Indian food .

Her Campus is bringing you tips on how to look your best during this Diwali, and how to incorporate Indian tradition into your everyday looks. 

1.Bright printed clothes(traditional clothes)

Suites,lehenga and saree  are worn by indian girls if you cant find the exact versions you  can put on any other bright printed long skirt with a matching crop top , or wear heavy floral dresses that convey a festive mood. A long printed shirt with matching bottoms can also make sence for both girsl and guys;kurta pajama(long shirt with loose pants) for boys.

You’ll find them in  stores like –free people, anthropologie .

2.Add on Coronation on your forehead(maang tika)

3.Wear fancy bangles and bracelts

4.Apply Henna tattoo

5.Add on some jewelry

A neck piece and earing are a must as gold dominates over the country.