Campus Cutie Joshua McLeod

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Name: Joshua Victor McLeod           

Year: Sophomore

Major: Fashion Marketing

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Single or Taken: Single

What’s something that you always look for in a significant other? I know this sounds cheesy, but they have to have a sense of humor. I love to laugh, and I love making people laugh! So that to me is #1. I love fashion, so someone who also shares that would be cool.

What is something about yourself that you always like to highlight or talk about when meeting someone special? My aspirations. I want them to know where I plan to be in the future. I think it’s important that you share this when meeting someone who you (hopefully) plan to spend your life with.

What’s a pet peeve of yours? Something you just absolutely cannot handle or tolerate in a relationship? Cluelessness… I need my significant other to be smart. I know that sounds harsh haha, but I can’t stand when people play dumb or act confused because they think it’s cute. Just be you, and I’m happy.

What would you say is YOUR worst quality? In a relationship situation, that is… I think my worst quality is my perfectionism. Everything has to be perfect (in my mind). So I can be a control freak sometimes.

How about your best? My spontaneity. I LOVE surprising people. Being spontaneous to me, means you really care about that other person. There was no obligation or reason to why you did something special, but instead it was just because you love him or her.

Describe the perfect date night. Depends on the date… If we’re already dating then the perfect date night is going to dinner, then to the grocery store to get some Häagen-Dazs, and cuddling in bed watching a movie or tv. But if it’s a first date, I think some sort of physical activity is a great way to get to know someone! And by physical activity I mean like mini golf, or a theme park outing. That way there’s always something to talk about.

Favorite food? I love Chinese Food, and not the good kind haha

Who’s your current celebrity crush? Male: Colton Haynes, Female: Zoe Saldana

Where would you like to see yourself upon graduating from SCAD? I want to be in NYC getting my Masters degree at FIT in photography.

Where do you find yourself hanging out most on campus? I usually don’t hang around the campus that much. I’m usually at home editing videos, or working on blog posts.

You can follow Josh on instagram at @joshmcleod!

My name is Tenisha, and I’m a junior Fashion Marketing student at the Savannah College of Art & Design. I am so excited to be a HerCampus writer this year! I am new to the team, and will be writing Campus Cuties articles in the coming months. Some of my interests include sports, music, traveling, and fashion of course. I was an athlete in high school, and I love to participate in different intramural sports whenever those times come around. I sing, so I love all types of music. Neo-Soul, jazz and rhythm and blues are my favorites, and concerts actually account for a lot of the traveling that I do these days. I’d say growing up in a military family gave me a love for that. And last but definitely not least, there’s fashion. If I had to describe my style with one word, honestly, I don’t think I could do it — I think that’s the beauty of fashion and style. It’s all a form of self-expression on the outside that gives people a small taste of who you are, or even what you’re feeling on the inside. My biggest fashion inspiration is Solange Knowles. She has impeccable taste, great music, and not to mention an amazing big sister who happens to be my favorite artist (hello, Beyoncé)! Like Solange, I love bold prints, bright colors, and pieces that are simply unique & eccentric. I just like to have fun with it! I have a fashion and lifestyle blog, Establish the New Black, where I document my personal style, inspiration, and some daily happenings pertaining to the world of fashion. I am truly excited to build on my writing and journalism skills through this internship. This is going to be a great semester, and I look forward to sharing this journey with you!