Campus Cutie: Anna Stoner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Name Anna StonerMajor/year Junior Jewelry MajorHometown Gettysburg, PAPhoto taken by Justin Chan www.justinchanphotography.com

What is your style inspiration? I don’t think I have an “inspiration” necessarily, but I love to wear clothes from local boutiques and shops. A lot of my wardrobe comes from little places here and there and from where I have traveled. Although that being said, I do love some Tj-maxx and Marshalls. 

Favorite Savannah Store: Red Clover

Do you have a go to outfit you wear when you want to feel confident? My go to would have to be dresses and boots in the winter, or dresses and wedges in the summer. Basically dresses! I love anything with bright colors and a nice pattern. Everyone will always comment how nice I look when I am in my dresses, but I think it is way easier to pick out a dress rather than a shirt and pants.

You’re incredibly talented. What is your favorite accessory to wear and which to make? My favorite accessories to wear include my handmade stackable rings and pearl earrings from my Grandma. I tend to keep my accessorizing to a minimum, because I am in and out of the studio, but rings are easy to wear and fun to show off. It is also a great way to showcase my work, my rings are my walking portfolios that I can take with me wherever I go! 

Dream job? I am not sure yet, but I know that I want to be designing and sharing my work with others. I want to be a part of a company, I think I would save having my own business until a little later in life. This summer I will be interning with Fossil, so I am excited to see where that takes me. 

What is a favorite fashion quote you love? You can never be overdressed, or overeducated. Oscar Wilde. I chose this because I would prefer to be overdressed then underdressed anytime, except if I am in the studio working of course.

In what ways to you want your work to affect fashion/style? I have two very different ideas. Either A.) I would want to make jewelry wearable and accessible for the everyday working woman, or B.) Enhance bridal jewelry and create a line just for brides and bridal parties. So I am open minded with my work and where it might go with fashion.

If you could only use one piece of makeup for the rest of your life, which one would you pick? Tough one! I’m by no means a make-up expert, but I do have my daily routine that I can’t go without! I am torn between mascara and lipstick. I would pick mascara though.