Campus Cutie: Andrea Camaliche

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Hometown: Miami

Zodiac: Virgo

Relationship Status: Civil Union, aka single.

Major: Photography, Art History minor

Her Campus: Tell me something interesting about you!

Andrea: I was named after a hurricane!

HC: When would you say that you first started getting into photography?

Andrea: In 10th grade after visiting Africa.

HC: How do you categorize yourself as a photographer? What’s your style?

Andrea: Portraiture and fine arts.

HC: Being that you’re from Miami and lived there all (or most of) your life, how do you feel about living in Savannah?

Andrea: I love it! I love the small town vibe and atmosphere. People here so nice! They have like a southern delight, whatever that is…

HC: What are some of your favorite things to do here?

Andrea: Bars with my girls! I have the best roommates ever.

HC: Any places you haven’t been in town that you’re longing to visit?

Andrea: *laughs* Lady & Sons, and Paula Wallace’s house. Oh, and Star Castle.

HC: How would you describe your ideal date night?

Andrea: Um, bars with my girls?

HC: Current celebrity crush?

Andrea: Miley Cyrus

HC: Where can people find you on campus?

Andrea: The Berg. (Bergen Hall)

Follow Andrea on instagram @obeydre3!

My name is Tenisha, and I’m a junior Fashion Marketing student at the Savannah College of Art & Design. I am so excited to be a HerCampus writer this year! I am new to the team, and will be writing Campus Cuties articles in the coming months. Some of my interests include sports, music, traveling, and fashion of course. I was an athlete in high school, and I love to participate in different intramural sports whenever those times come around. I sing, so I love all types of music. Neo-Soul, jazz and rhythm and blues are my favorites, and concerts actually account for a lot of the traveling that I do these days. I’d say growing up in a military family gave me a love for that. And last but definitely not least, there’s fashion. If I had to describe my style with one word, honestly, I don’t think I could do it — I think that’s the beauty of fashion and style. It’s all a form of self-expression on the outside that gives people a small taste of who you are, or even what you’re feeling on the inside. My biggest fashion inspiration is Solange Knowles. She has impeccable taste, great music, and not to mention an amazing big sister who happens to be my favorite artist (hello, Beyoncé)! Like Solange, I love bold prints, bright colors, and pieces that are simply unique & eccentric. I just like to have fun with it! I have a fashion and lifestyle blog, Establish the New Black, where I document my personal style, inspiration, and some daily happenings pertaining to the world of fashion. I am truly excited to build on my writing and journalism skills through this internship. This is going to be a great semester, and I look forward to sharing this journey with you!