Campus Cutie: Alejandro Javier Huertas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Name: Alejandro Javier Huertas

Age: 25 

Hometown: Bayamon, Puerto Rico

Major: Interior Design 

Year: Junior 

Her Campus: Why did you decide to attend SCAD?

Alejandro Huertas: I first heard of SCAD through one of my best friends, and I got really interested in it. I did some research I applied, got accepted, and now I’m here.

HC: What has been the best moment you’ve had at SCAD, so far?

AH: Pretty much every time I meet someone new is the best moment.

HC: What drew you to your major?

AH: I’m a transfer student; I used to be an architecture major.I’ve always been interested in the building arts, but ended up switching to Interiors because it deals oneononewith the user and how the environment  affects them and vise versa.

HC: What inspires you?

AH: The need to better myself.

HC: How have your inspirations shaped your style?

AH: I’m less afraid of taking risks, and going outside of my comfort zone.

HC: If you could choose to major in another area of study, other than your own, what would you choose and why?

AH: I’d probably do Industrial design.  I’ve  always been  attracted to finding different ways to design something.

HC: What is your dream job?

AH: To design art installations in public spaces.

HC: Where would you like to live in the future?

AH: As of right now,I would like to venture to the West coast. I’ve always been interested in exploring San Francisco.

HC; What do you miss most about home?

AH: The beach and the food

HC; What do you like to do in your spare time?

AH: Sleep and paint. Mostly sleep.

HC: How do you de-stress?

AH: I just sleep the stress off.

HC: List 5 things that you’d put on your bucket list.

• Euro-trip
  • Skydive
  • Sail-boat across the Caribbean
  • Own a jet-plane
  • Go on a safari

HC: Any advice for incoming freshmen?

AH: Take classes seriously but don’t stress,or loose sleep over it. Always plan ahead.

Marisa Gutierrez is a BFA Graphic Design student at Savannah College of Art and Design. She hopes to specialize in Package Design and one day, design her own makeup brand. In her free time, she enjoys searching through YouTube for fun, new makeup tutorials, researching about new makeup and skincare products, and reading (Anthony Bourdain is her favorite author!).  You can follow her on Pinterest!