As Beyonce Advised, It’s Time to get in Formation…For Summer that Is

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Here’s some tips you should start doing now to make sure that you have the best Summer!

Save Your $$$

If you save up money now you won’t have to worry about where the money will come from to fund those impromptu dinners, movies, fro yo cravings, and  road trips! So, cut back on things that aren’t an absolute necessity, or altar where your money goes to by choosing to spend it on things that will benefit your summer plans!

Plan a Trip!

Ahhh Summer, what better time to go on vaycay? And what better time to plan it than right now?! You know that Beyoncé world tour happening this summer? Go! But instead of going to festivals and concerts in your home town, attend the ones a few states over. That way you can make a trip out of it. Go ahead, tell your girls and get to planning!

But Don’t Plan Too Much

While you definitely need to plan certain things like where you’re going and how you’ll get there, don’t think too much about the small details. Itineraries tend to limit adventure, so just let it all happen. The best memories come from the things we don’t plan.

Workout that BOD!

Start toning up those legs now because it’s time to bring out those daisy dukes you retired during the winter. You’re not supposed to prep your summer body during summer time! It’ll just be too late; the time is now. We all know the perfect gym body doesn’t appear overnight, so squat to it.

Build your Wardrobe

Now is the time to search for those hard to find pieces, or the outfit you want to wear to that summer music festival! You must start shopping for these epic times now! That way, you can shop around before you purchase items and take advantage of sales and discounts.

Exfoliate and Moisturize

If there’s one things that’s for sure about summer, it’s that skin will be shown. Prep for this by getting rid of you dead winter skin and rejuvenating your body to prepare it for the summer sun. To maintain healthy skin, don’t forget to use sun screen when summer actually arrives, and exfoliate to prevent ingrown hairs. Your skin will thank you later.

Make Sure to Include the Girls!

What’s summer plans without your girls?! Exactly. Notify your clique now of the fun summer ahead and get their insight on things they’d like to do as well.

Find Your Perfect Swim Suit!

What is summer without a trip to the beach or a dip in the pool? Start the search for the perfect summer suit now, because finding the right suit is something like searching for the perfect prom dress. It can take weeks! Especially if you’re looking of something not commonly sold in stores. You’ll be super satisfied with this purchase instead of settling with a swim suit because you’re tired of searching or last minute shopping and  pressed for time.

Clear Space in Your Phone

You’ll definitely need space in your phone to capture the memories this summer. So delete those message threads and backup those old summer 2015 pictures to your computer because Summer Sixteen is approaching and it’s going to be a great one!

We hope this article helped you to get in formation for summer 2016, make it the best one yet!

Fashion Marketing and Management & Fashion Design student at SCAD.