Bags, Blogs and a Little Bit of Streaking with Liz Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Blogger, fashionista and fellow SCAD student, Liz Best, probably has some of the best vintage pieces I’ve ever seen. After living in Oregon, Illinois, Florida and now Savannah, Liz shares how growing up in each area has impacted her style and made her see fashion differently. She also shares with us what it was like attending Fashion Week again, and witnessing the streaker at the Prabal Gurung show. See our photoshoot and interview below, and if you haven’t already checked out her blog, by the end of this article you’ll want to. 

Outfit Details.

Dress/Jewelry: vintage, Boots: Alexander Wang, Bag: Reed Krakoff

How did you get into blogging?

I started doing a blog in high school, for a boutique in Tampa where I’m from. After I did it for a few years, it gave me the idea to start my own blog. Since then its grown.

What is your favorite piece in your closet?

A black St. Laurent duffel bag I got for Christmas. I pretty much use it everyday (I would too!). I have a vintage black blazer that I also love.

Favorite designer and why?

Philip Lim because he does cool new things. He is always super modern, with a unique theme. His clothes are also very wearable.

Tell me about Fashion Week.

I went to the Prabal Gurung,Tracy Reese and Charlotte Ronson shows, and then just met up with friends after and did some things for my blog. It was freezing. My favorite show was Prabal’s and that was the one with the streaker. I was actually standing next to my friend who is his assistant. Everyone was literally staring, like “Oh sh*t.” Tracy Reese was very wearable, and Charlotte Ronson’s prints were all 90’s inspired; it was really cool. 

(P.S. SCAD Atlanta students, and anyone willing to road trip from Savannah for 4 hours, Gurung will be speaking during SCAD Style week with Steven Kolb at the Atlanta campus.)

How has living in different places impacted your style?

I think living in different places has made me see fashion differently. When I lived in Oregon I had a more laid back style. In Chicago, it was all about staying warm. Florida is a big mix of different people- it’s not all Lilly Pulitzer which I think most people assume. It gave me an appreciation for different styles.

Style Icon.

Mary-Kate Olsen and Alexa Chung. I love everything Chung wears. Her style is very schoolgirl meets going to a rock concert. Man Repeller as well, she always wears boys clothes and makes them look awesome. Eva Chen [seriously follow her on Instagram] is the editor of Lucky Magazine and always has the best accessories. She mixes high and low fashion really well.

Check out Liz’s blog at http://www.liz-best.com/.

If you’d like to see more of the photography from this shoot and more check out Maddie’s portfolio at https://www.behance.net/madeleinemivey.

Student at the Savannah College of Art and Design majoring in Fashion Marketing and Management with a minor in writing. Shoe enthusiast with a deep rooted love for Alexander Wang. Contact: ashleynrosales@gmail.com Instagram/Twitter: @smvshed www.smashedavocados.com