Andrew Wagenhals, a SCAD campus celebrity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

If anyone deserves the title of campus celebrity, it’s Andrew Wagenhals. Although he’s busy balancing his graphic design major with his photography minor, Andrew can be found all over the SCAD campus and around downtown Savannah. He’s someone that everyone enjoys being around because of his enthusiasm and friendly personality. Here’s what you should know about this week’s celebrity:

1. A sophomore from Rochester, NY

2. Obsessed with Chick-fil-A milkshakes

3. Favorite flavor: classic chocolate

4. Adventure is his middle name: one thing that Her Campus has observed about Andrew is that he hates routine. He loves being spontaneous, living in the moment and exploring the unknown.

4. You’ll fall in love with his Instagram: all of Andrew’s adventures can be found on his feed. Ranging from nature to architecture, Andrew has a unique and recognizable filter style that will leave you wanting more. What we love about his page is that he’s not afraid of sharing his experiences by telling a visual story. Follow him @awagenha

5. A dedicated student: Andrew works hard to finish his assignments, even if that means staying at Adler or Bergen longer than he would like to. He’s the perfect example of the saying “work hard, play hard.”

6. Passionate about graphic design and photography

Her Campus: You’ve had a tough time deciding which interest you should major and minor in, but why are you passionate about both of them?

Andrew: I love how they come together to form pieces of art that serve a function. Photography is a medium that allows for reality to speak for itself and graphic design is a means of altering that world. When they come together they create not only something beautiful and real, but something that benefits humanity.

7. An orientation assistant and work study for the office of student involvement

HC: We spot you on your way to assist the FYE classes at museum every week. Why did you choose jobs within student involvement?

Andrew: I chose a job within this department because I really like being able to help students connect with resources. There are so many opportunities given to us at SCAD that it can be hard to understand them all, let alone use them. I want to help students understand how to get the most out of their education.

HC: Do you have any advice for those who want to reach campus celebrity status?

Andrew: Be confident in who you are and what you believe in, but most importantly just put yourself out there and have fun doing it.

Her Campus hopes that Andrew enjoys the last couple of weeks of fall quarter. Don’t be shy and say hello next time you see him on campus.