freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Steps to Surviving Valentines Day aka Singles Awareness Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Yes ladies and gents! Valentines day is coming and unfortunately not everyone has that special someone to share it with. But not to fret here are some helpful tips and guidelines on how to keep you from being sad or wanting to throw up every time you see a couple pass by or the inevitable having to have it all on your news feed all day.

Step1. Hanging out with friends- Hanging out with friends is the best remedy for any bad romance or no romance you are going through. A good idea would be for you and your also single girlfriends to play secret valentines! This game consist of you and your group of friends put a name in a hat and you all pick one without looking. Which ever name you receive you have to buy that person a present! and everybody has a valentines. 

Step 2. Focus on school work- Focusing on school work is another good idea to not thinking about the lovey dovy things going on around you. Unfortunately even though valentines day is coming up so is finals also and not having a valentines you could focus more on the books to make sure you are ahead. 

Step 3. Try to Stay off social media- Staying off of social media is just good for the mind you don’t want to be on it all day looking at others people’s happiness wondering where yours is its best not to ponder on the things you don’t have and just be happy with what you do!

Step 4. Treat yourself! Last but not least treat yourself, A lot of times i think people feel the need to be around others to be loved nothing is wrong with going out to eat alone, shopping; buy yourself something and enjoy the day to your self treat yourself and love yourself, you don’t have to be with someone to be happy love yourself first and the rest falls into place. 

Now that i Have giving you these steps to face valentines day i think your ready! Good luck and no sombering!