This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

What is wine?

“An alcoholic drink made from fermented grape juice”.

What can be made into wine?

Vegetables, fruits, herbs, flowers, honey. For example, in Gilroy, CA you can find garlic wine. Saké is a popular Japanese wine made from fermented rice.

How is it healthy for you?

The stigma is that red wine is healthy for you. That is the case, but any fruit wine is good for you because of the antioxidants from the fruits.

Here are 10 benefits you may or may not be familiar with:

It contains antioxidants.

White wine has more antioxidants then in red wine. More wine drinkers believe the opposite though.

It boosts the immune system.

Moderate, MODERATE, alcohol consumption can ward off infections and keep your immune system in check.

It increases bone density.

Red wine has high levels of silicon, which is great for your bone mineral density. This reduces your chances of osteoporosis.

It reduces the risk of stroke.

Consumption of wine or alcohol in general can be good in preventing stokes. 

It reduces the risk of heart disease.

The tannins found in red wine contain procyanidins – phenols that have shown be prevent cardiovascular disease.

It can lower cholesterol.

The procyanidins in red wine promote lower cholesterol. It can also decrease bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol. 

It reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.

Wine can improve your sensibility to insulin. 

It reduces the risk of cancer.

The risk of colon cancer, prostate cancer, and breast cancer can be reduced by drinking a glass of wine. 

It improves cognitive function.

Drinking a single glass has shown to improve your brain functions. The chemicals in red wine prevent the brain’s neurons from dying off. 

It promotes longevity.

Resveratrol is found inside a glass of wine. It activates a protein that acts as an anti-aging agent. 

If these aren’t good enough reasons to start drinking a glass of wine each day, oh well!

My name is Daniela. I am an Alumna of at SCAD Atlanta. An interesting fact about me is that I have three citizenships: American, British, Canadian.
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World