This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Welcome back, ladies!

As you know if you have been looking over Instagram and all over the social media you will know about the #HotGirlSummer unless you have been living under a rock. So, this movement originated from female rapper Megan Thee Stallion from the lyric of her song, “Cash Shit” saying “She is the hot girl and she’s bringing the heat” which brought the trend alive to the worldwide web. So, let me explain what a hot girl is and what a hot girl truly looks like                                                                                                    Image Credit: Reddit

So basically having a hot girl summer is being an unapologetically bad bitch while living your best life. We have seen the Instagram stories people living their #HotGirlSummer life, but what about the people who are living their best lives right now with the parties and brown liquor. What about the people who are working a 9 to 5 trying to make do because you are broke AF? What about the people that living their best lives on the couch? Is that a thing? So, let’s just say I did not have a hot girl summer and I am not on my hot girl shit but let’s make social media movement #GoldenGirlSummer. For the ones that are asking, a #goldengirlsummer is a person is being lazy AF and living their best life by sleeping in and couch diving. So, please I will love to see your #goldengirlsummer post and relates to being one lazy girl to another.

Image Credit: GIPHY

Najah Layne

SCAD ATL '22

Hello I'm Najah Layne! I am college sophomore going through the journey of life, figuring things out one step at a time and showcasing my passions & loves which is being an enthusiast on pop culture, the latest fashion trends, styling tips, and most importantly empowering young women and being my crazy, weird self while doing it. We are going to be talking about all things real and there no holding back!
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World