burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Living Coral: Pantone’s Color of the Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

For the past 20 years, the Pantone corporation has released their pick for Color of the Year – a decision that “has influenced product development and purchasing decisions in multiple industries, including fashion, home furnishings, and industrial design, as well as product, packaging, and graphic design” according to their official site. This year, they have dubbed PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral the color of 2019, describing it as “vibrant, yet mellow… {it} embraces us with warmth and nourishment to provide comfort and buoyancy in our continually shifting environment.”

In order to keep up with this year’s trend, we’ve compiled a short list of easy ways to incorporate this year’s It color into your every day life.

1. Our Lips Are Sealed (metallic peachy coral) The easiest way to use this color is for a subtle pop of color. This lipgloss from Too Faced, provides the prettiest coral metallic sheen and will keep your kisser perfectly colored for up to 25 hours! Click here to purchase from Ulta for only $21.

2. Butter London + Pantone 2019 Color of the Year Twitter user @TheSickestNails tweeted this picture featuring the result of Butter London’s ongoing collaboration with Pantone. To purchase Living Coral, head over to Ulta to pick up a bottle for only $12.

3. Neon coral boots  Rain boots are always a wardrobe staple, but why not make them fun too? For a stylish addition into your wardrobe, try some short, coral-colored boots like these from Hunter.

4. Fan Drop Earrings Wear these flirty fan earrings from Forever 21 to instantly spice up any outfit, no matter what the season. The can be purchased online for under $10!

5. Instax Mini 9 in ‘Poppy Red’ Why not let your camera stand out while you take pictures too? To tote around this cute Instax Mini, check out Amazon for purchase.

My name is Maria and I'm currently a sophomore, documentary photography major (with a drawing minor) at SCAD. I'm a self described concert junkie and I try to go to shows at least once a month - big bands, or local ATL ones. l'm also a Beatles maniac, crazy cat lady, and am a sucker for a good ol' English accent!
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World