This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

I was sitting in the campus coffee shop two weeks ago, when another member of our club said she wanted an article on time management from me. Well, here you go Mary Quinn! 

It may seem like I do a lot and have no time to myself because of all I do. I’m an officer in two clubs and I’m involved with practically every media outlet on campus now, including some literary stuff. I’m also minoring in Native American and Indigenous Studies as well as majoring in Sports Media.

But, at the end of the day, I find myself on the phone with my boyfriend for three or four hours, reading a book or playing video games.  So, like Mary Quinn, you’re probably wondering how I do it. Well, that’s easy: I just go with the flow. 

It’s pretty nice that with my chosen major, minor, and professors I chose, I have basically no homework, ever. I haven’t had one piece of homework since I started college. I know that’s crazy to believe, but it’s the truth. So, for that I would just say do your research for your major and/or minor and professors, make sure you get the easy workload ones. If you do get a higher workload, get a grasp of what they want of you, and just do that. 

For all the clubs I participate in, I think of it as helping me grow my skills and prepare me for the future. Most people cringe when I say I write a minimum of three articles a week, not including stuff for my internship and part-time job. I, on the other hand, love the workload. I love writing about anything and everything, and I feel it benefits me in a multitude of ways. Don’t be afraid to take on a lot of things and learn and grow from them. 

Finally, the thing I want to stress is that deadlines are a joke. When a teacher assigns something for Friday, get it done on Monday or Tuesday. Don’t wait until Thursday night or Friday. That’s when the stress comes in and then where are you? 

The the biggest thing that has helped me out is getting my stuff turned in before the deadline. No matter if it’s an article, an essay, a final project or an email I need to send out about getting money, I get it in before the deadline. 

Most of my readers probably hang out with their friends constantly which takes away from their personal time, but I can say that if you do the things above, you can still have personal time even if you have friends. I know because I used to hang out with a group of friends daily, and I would still have time to do the things I loved. Now I don’t, but that just means more time for me, or work, which I love. 

Brooke Johnpier is a contributor to the SBU chapter of Her Campus. She writes about the more "manly" topics of the site, including automotive, motorsports, mechanical, technical, DIY, and anything hands-on. Brooke is also using this platform as her personal blog, of which she will talk about more personal things that she feels the world should hear about. Besides Her Campus, Brooke is a part-time motorsports journalist for Speedway Illustrated, a columnist for Race Pro Weekly, and a staff writer as well as a social media promoter for The Podium Finish, where she is interning. Brooke is also a writer for The Bona Venture (News, Features, and Sports), TAPinto Greater Olean, WSBU The Buzz (Music, and Sports), and PolitiFact NY. Brooke is also involved with St. Bonaventure's literary magazine, The Laurel. Brooke is currently a freshman at St. Bonaventure University where she is majoring in Sports Media with minors in Native American and Indigenous Studies & English. In her free time, Brooke loves reading, going to the local racetrack, riding four-wheelers, working on cars, and riding in tractor trailers. Brooke is a music lover, and will talk about most any genre, especially her favorites which are rock and rap. Brooke is also a percussionist, a published author, and a women's rights activist. Brooke is also a member of several lineage organizations, and currently holds a national position in one of them. As well as writing for campus media, Brooke is involved with Faith in Fiction, Jandoli Women in Communication, the History Club, College Democrats, and the Indigenous Student Confederacy. A fun fact about Brooke is that she was the only female to ever be in the top 5% of the Automotive Technology class at the trade school she attended in her junior and senior years of high school.