This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Welcome to giving season everyone! 

Many of us, like myself, just adore gift giving (a love language of mine). With the holidays sneaking up on us faster than ever, this is the perfect time for people like me. At the same time, most of us are college students and understand living life on a budget. 

Let’s not let this affect us this holiday season by checking out some of the best decent-priced items to share with your loved ones this season. 

Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara ($5) 

• This is one of the best mascaras I have ever used, and I am not exaggerating one bit. Not only is this a great price, it makes your lashes look flawless. No clumps, irritation and so easy to remove. This makes a perfect small gift. 

Travel Jewelry Box ($8) 

• Jewelry is one of the hardest things to pack while traveling. While doing my regular Amazon browse I keep seeing travel jewelry boxes popping up. This is a great way to avoid throwing it in a plastic bag, keeping your jewelry from getting tangled. Plus these have so many cute designs. 

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid ($10-15)

• This book has been all over TikTok recently. After reading the book myself I have to understand the hype. The plot line was one of the most detailed and captivating stories I’ve read in a long time. Evelyn Hugo’s life had me hooked. To any of your book-loving friends, I recommend purchasing them this great read. 

Blanket Hoodie ($20-30)

• To all the individuals who love to carry blankets around, this is for you. This is a little pricier than the other items I have listed but for those who love to stay comfy this a need. A blanket hoodie is perfect for the upcoming cold weather. 

Wireless Charging Stand ($10)

• Anyone who has an Iphone, airpods and Apple Watch know that it is a struggle charging them all at the same time. This problem can be easily resolved with a wireless charging stand that allows you to charge them all in one. Sometimes the best gifts are the most practical ones.

Obviously the holidays are not about giving gifts, its a time to spend with your loved ones. We can always take a second to remind ourselves about that, especially when it is so easy to get caught up in concept of gift giving.

Cassidy is a social media executive for Her Campus at St. Bonaventure University. She loves to use her creative outlet to advance her university's chapter. She has been writing for Her Campus for three years. Cassidy is a third-year student studying psychology with a minor in women's studies. Beyond Her Campus, she is involved in other extracurriculars such as L.I.F.T., Active Minds, and volunteering in the food pantry. She is the president of SBU for Equality. You may find her working in the admissions building as a student ambassador. She is an avid Pinterest user and will bring up how it is the best social media to exist. Her love for music keeps her going, nothing Taylor Swift can't help her with.