This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Taylor Swift kicked off The Eras Tour on March 17, and since then, my TikTok has been filled with everything Taylor tour content. The videos of her jumping underneath the stage, while a visual of her “swimming” to the other side of the stage is shown, is just exemplary. For each era, she is shown wearing a color or outfit that represents the album era she is in. So far, I have enjoyed seeing how creative Swifies have been getting with their outfits for the concert. Fans have been able to copy Taylor’s iconic outfits from her past eras and add their own twist of their own, and let me tell you… I am all for it. 

Everything about this tour is off to a good start and I know that Taylor will continue to surprise her fans every night she goes on stage. 

Since the tour started, a different Taylor Swift song has stuck in my head for the past couple of weeks. Or a different album that I have been playing on repeat. For this week, I have not stopped listening to “Evermore.” It’s the sister album to Taylor’s “Folklore,” her ninth album. “Evermore” and “Folklore” are only six months apart from their release date. “Folklore” was released in August 2020 and “Evermore” was released in December 2020. 

Taylor invited Marcus Mumford on stage during her show in Las Vegas and sang “Cowboy like me.” When I saw the clip of them singing this song, I could not help myself but sing along. This song has been played nonstop and every time I hear it, I have a different interruption of the song. 

When I first heard the song, I thought “Cowboy like me” tells the story of two lovers who have crossed paths but both know they are not good for each other. Everyone has their own interruption of the song, but for me, the interruption of this song is different depending on the mood I am in while listening. 

Another song from Taylor’s Evermore album that I have not stopped listening to is “Dorothea.” The song reminds me so much of Taylor’s relationship with one of her best friends, Selena Gomez. Especially with the lyrics, “You’re a queen selling dreams selling makeup and magazines ooh, from you I’d buy anything.” This song to me is about friends, who always find their way back to one another even if they do not talk all the time. I’m truly 100% confident that “Dorothea” is about Selena and their close friendship. 

As I am writing this, “Dorothea” has not been added to the tour setlist, but I hope that it is really soon. I want to hear this song played live, as it is so beautifully written with an incredible bridge.