Hub Anatomy of Aesthetic edgetotedge hero 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hub Anatomy of Aesthetic edgetotedge hero 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Semester Wrapped

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

As we came to the end of the year, we were all excited to receive the notification that our Spotify Wrapped came out.

It told us what our top songs, genres, and artists were and, new this year, where in the world we most belonged based on our listening habits. All things that were essential to our listening personalities.

In the same spirit, as the fall 2023 semester comes to an end, I would like to present to you my Semester Wrapped. The things that made my semester unique and a wrap-up of everything that’s happened this semester.

I’ll start on a music note.

Most listened to music

This semester I really leaned into my love for classical music.

It’s the perfect music for studying and relaxing while not being distracting.

I have one perfectly curated playlist that I throw on pretty much all the time just to get a sense of peace in my life. Even now, as I’m writing this piece and putting off revising an essay, I listen to “Scherzo in E Major, Op. 54” by Chopin from that very playlist.

Who I spent the most time with

That honor has to go to Heather, my roommate. But what when I’m not with her in our room, I’m with my friend, Jessie, in the cafe or chatting in English class.

The three of us have been together quite a bit as well. The group chat this semester circulated with our plans for the NYC trip back in November, the plans to go see the new Hunger Games movie (for me and Jessie it was our second time seeing it), and most recently, all the TikTok videos that we see of the Josh Hutchinson whistle edits.

I also would like to give a shoutout to my boyfriend, who I spent considerable time with when I went home for the weekends.

Places where you could find Abbey on campus

The first would obviously be the library. I didn’t go every day like I could have, but when I was in there I was in there for 3-5 hours at a time.

The library is a peaceful place that I can crank out whatever homework I have due or just pretend that I’m studying while going on my phone in peace.

Another place where you could find me is Cafe La Verna.

Especially when it got cold, I would go in there at 11 am and stay until my 2:30 pm class sipping a hot chai latte.

This is where Jessie and I would meet up and work on English work that we had, or just chat about what we were gonna write this week for Her Campus.

Closet Staples

My style really hasn’t change much from other years but I have added some things to my closet this year that are worth a shoutout.

The piece that I have probably worn the most this semester is my sage green sweatpants from H&M. They are comfortable and match with pretty much everything in my wardrobe.

The next piece is my one pair of mom jeans. They are so comfortable and the only pair of jeans that I feel stylish in, since apparently skinny jeans are out. I got them at Hollister for $25 and they are the best thing I bought this year.

The last thing that I over-wore this year were my Pacsun cropped graphic tees. I am a small shirt, big pants girl so these few shirts have been paired with every pair of pants in my closet.

Fall semester in numbers

1 – mental health trip home

1 – drive back from Buffalo in whiteout conditions

2 – days that I did not get out of bed except for classes

3 – times I’ve worn pants other than sweatpants since it’s gotten cold

3 – trips to the Olean AMC (to see Barbie, Pricilla, and The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes)

4 – times I’ve dyed my hair since the beginning of the semester

14 – hours I spent on a bus for CAB trips

41 – amount I have left in my bank account after this semester

Abigail Taber is a first-year writer for the St. Bonaventure chapter of Her Campus. She enjoys writing about culture, entertainment, and the happenings in her college life. Abigail is really excited to be a part of such a cool organization that centers around the work and interests of women. She hopes to continue writing for Her Campus and become more involved in the editing and publishing side of things in the future. Beyond Her Campus, Abigail is the poetry editor for the literary magazine on campus, The Laurel, volunteers for the campus food pantry, and can be found in the library most hours of the day. Abigail has had her creative writing published in her high school's literary magazine, The Wisp, and wrote for the school's newspaper, Out of the Blue, all four years. She is currently a freshman at St. Bonaventure University, double majoring in English as well as Literary Publishing and Editing. In her free time, Abigail, or Abbey to her friends, enjoys reading, listening to music, and looking at art for her next tattoo. She is a music trivia master and a known enjoyer of any, and all, romance books. She hopes to pursue a career in publishing books in a big city. Growing up in a small suburb of Buffalo, New York, Abbey wishes to go somewhere that no one knows her name, or her mom's.