This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

I wear a lot of jewelry every day.

Some of the pieces I wear every single day.

I grow very strong attachments to my jewelry and feel like I can’t ever take a piece of jewelry off after I put it on.

Somedays, when I do have to go without those essential pieces of jewelry, I feel incomplete.

It feels like a part of myself is missing.

I have been wearing a ring on the middle finger of my right hand every day for six years. My grandma gave me this ring the summer after eighth grade.

It is a silver ring with a small turquoise stone in the middle. No matter where I’m going or what I’m doing, I never take this ring off.

It has been to my high school prom, the Mediterranean sea, the Eiffel Tower, an airport in Iceland, the 1975 concert I went to in November, literally everywhere.

It’s been through years of volleyball games, college parties and emergency rooms.

This ring used to belong to my grandma. It was a gift from her husband, my grandpa.

My grandpa passed away just before I was born. I never got to meet him.

Wearing the ring every day makes me feel like I can keep a piece of my grandfather with me, even though I never got to meet him.

Another everyday staple is my necklace. The necklace I wear every day is a silver pendant with an etching of my dog Lily on it.

I got this necklace my sophomore year of high school. I didn’t wear it every day until the end of my senior year of high school.

Lily was my best friend since we got her when I was five. She was the sweetest, gentlest, most protective dog in the world. When she passed away, it was the hardest thing I ever had to go through.

Since then, I’ve worn that necklace with a picture of her on it everyday since. It’s been through a lot with me as well. The few times I have taken it off, I feel sad and disconnected. Wearing her next to my heart every day keeps her in my mind. Whenever I touch the pendant, I hope she can feel me.

I cycle through rings on other fingers and bracelets every day or at least a few times a week.

Each piece of jewelry I own has a different story behind it and has a different level of meaning to me.

Jewelry is an important part of my life and my style. I’m always looking for cool pieces to add to my collection.

Delainey Muscato is a junior journalism major with philosophy and sociology minors. This year she is excited to be the brand deal manager, assistant events planner, and senior editor for the SBU chapter of Her Campus. In her weekly article for Her Campus, she usually writes about her personal experiences at college, as an intern, or just in life. Delainey is excited for her second year as a member of Her Campus and can’t wait to help new members be just as engaged in the club as her. Outside of Her Campus, Delainey is a very active journalist. She writes for a newspaper in Ellicottville, The Villager. These articles typically detail local events or highlight people in the area. She also just began writing for Tap into Greater Olean. This news site covers stories directly rooted in the Olean and Allegany area. This summer, Delainey spent five weeks studying abroad is Sorrento, Italy. In her free time, Delainey loves to spend time with her friends and family. She spends a lot of time reading on her porch at home. Delainey also loves to take her dog Nella on walks. Her favorite TV shows are The Office and Friends. Her favorite movie is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. She also loves music and spends a lot of time discovering new music and perfecting her playlists. www.linkedin.com/in/delainey-muscato-b10134282