Online Shopping Guide: The Ins and Outs for Every Occasion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

At one point or another, we all have once found ourselves shamelessly loading an online shopping cart until the total at the bottom hits a heart-shattering amount. Ultimately causing us to give up and leave the site completely before we can even hit the “checkout” button.

Sometimes we are looking for the right things in the wrong places, and we just don’t even realize it. That one little black dress with a not-so-little price tag from Nasty Gal can most likely be found on Forever 21 for over half the cost.

Other times, the struggle comes with spending hours searching through one of our all-time favorite stores, online, unable to find anything remotely as stylish to what we usually see in the store.

You may be asking, “Well, then what is the solution to all of these seemingly inevitable fashion crises?”

I have compiled an easy-to-use guide on where exactly to shop online for each occasion, whether it be a casual Saturday night trip to the Burton, or a fancy sports team formal. I hope it helps you to cut down on any disappointment or anxiety that comes with this highly addictive process.

House Parties/Late-night Trips to The Burton or The OP

The perfect outfit for this occasion includes a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a crop top, booties, and of course a choker. Here are the top three online stores where you can find exactly what you need to rock this look:

1. Forever 21
  2. Go Jane
  3. Rue 21

Full Day of Classes/The Occasional Walmart-Run

Most of the time, you will see your classmates rushing to their 8:30 a.m. class in the classic just-rolled-out-of-bed outfit with sweatpants and a sweatshirt on. Although, some days you may have the motivation to put together a casual, but chic outfit that includes a pair of leggings, an over-sized sweater, and converse. Following are the top three sites that can help you to conquer the morning chill in style:

1. American Eagle
  2. H&M
  3. Asos

Workout at The Richter/A Stroll Down the Allegany River Trail

Here are the top three clothing websites that are guaranteed to leave you with the perfect athletic, but at the same time stylish outfit that will leave the rest of the gym in awe:

1. Victoria’s Secret
  2. Target
  3. Old Navy

Sports Team Formal

Whether you have been invited as a date, or you are celebrating your own team, the formal is the perfect opportunity to pull out that LBD you have been waiting to rock. These are the top three online stores where you can find the dress of your dreams:

1. Tobi
  2. Lulus
  3. Prom Girl (not limited to prom dresses).

Happy Shopping!

Photo credit: stock photo

As an honors student of St. Bonaventure University, it is my objective to pursue a career that will complement my passion for working with people, my dedication to exceeding goals, and my motivation to innovate. The industries that I hope to make a difference in are fashion, media, and business.
I'm a Junior Strategic Communications major at Saint Bonaventure University, also known as the greatest place on earth. Hobbies include eating ridiculous amounts of food, watching Scandal and swimming. I'm probably wearing converse.