This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

For better or worse, we all have our daily habits. Some are better than others. As I have grown up and learned more about myself I have realized one thing- I always need to be sipping on something. No matter the season, day or time, I constantly need to be enjoying a beverage I deem fun. This is one of my simplest pleasures in life. It has taught me that having something to look forward to each day is my key to happiness. Below I have listed my favorite drinks, especially as a busy college student on the go. 

coffee (iced please)

This is the blueprint. I could drink iced coffee daily for the rest of my life and be perfectly content. I love the taste, especially when vanilla or caramel is involved. One of my favorite activities is exploring new coffee shops and taste-testing their coffee. My current order anywhere is a cold brew with cold foam. I especially love pumpkin coffees during the fall. Coffee can be bought at your local cafe, chain restaurant, or coffee shop. If you’re looking for added convenience, try making your own coffee at home or purchasing pre-made cold brew or coffee at your local supermarket. 

kombucha

I discovered kombucha in middle school and have been drinking it ever since. It certainly has an acquired taste- my friends either love it or hate it. It’s the perfect study drink for me. It’s crisp and refreshing and keeps me in a good mood. It’s also a drink known for its gut health properties. Most typical kombucha comes in a glass bottle, but I prefer the canned variation. I feel it’s easier to transport and less prone to breaking. (And I feel really cool sipping on my canned concoction while studying.)

poppi

I am a sucker for soda. Though I am aware of the adverse health effects, I would have a Diet Coke every day if I could. My best friend recently introduced me to Poppi, a healthier alternative to traditional soda. Powered by apple cider vinegar and probiotics, Poppi prides itself on being the future of soda. With classic flavors like root beer, classic cola, and grape soda, Poppi allows us to enjoy the delicious nostalgia of cracking a cold soda- minus the harmful ingredients. 

iced chai latte

An iced chai latte is the perfect study beverage. It’s lighter and less acidic than iced coffee. Chai is a great option for those looking to steer clear of coffee or high amounts of caffeine (a regular cup of chai contains around 30-50 milligrams of caffeine, vs. the 80-100 milligrams in a cup of coffee.) I also love chai for its customizable aspect. Most syrups, sauces, or cold foams that can be added to coffee also pair well with an iced chai. 

Water

All of the above drinks are great additions to your day. However, the main focus should always be drinking enough water. Our bodies are mostly water and need water to stay alive and healthy. My tip: carry around a water bottle in addition to whatever your “fun drink” for the day is. Challenge yourself to sip on your water throughout the day. 

Find little joys each day, whether it’s a cup of coffee or an episode of your favorite show. Find the simple pleasures in your daily routine.

Katie is a social media executive for Her Campus at St. Bonaventure University. Her experience with social media, advertising, and writing allow her to combine her passions and advance her university's chapter of HC. She has been a part of Her Campus since freshman year. It has been her favorite on-campus extracurricular to become involved with. Katie is a second-year student studying Strategic Communication and Marketing. She finds joy in being involved on campus through various organizations including Her Campus, Jandoli Women in Communication, and College Democrats. She is Vice President of SBU's Freshman Leadership Program. She is also a full-time student ambassador who enthusiastically leads tours for prospective students. (Request her as your tour guide!) In her free time, you can find Katie reading, hiking, and laughing with her friends. She loves spending time outdoors, especially in the fall. Her guilty pleasures are copious amounts of (iced) coffee and country music. Some of her favorite artists include Chris Stapleton, Fleetwood Mac, and Luke Combs. Katie will eagerly engage in any conversation about her beloved hometown, Buffalo, New York. She will likely attempt to convert you to become a Buffalo Bills fan, and could talk about Josh Allen for hours. Post-grad, Katie hopes to be using her creative talents towards a fulfilling career in the world of advertising.