jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Being someone who loves the fall and everything that comes with it, looking forward to winter is something that I never usually do. When I decided to come to Bona’s I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. My two older brothers that attended school here had warned me that the winters are bad and that it will most likely snow every single day after I get back from Christmas break. I can say that I am only starting to enjoy the winter a tad bit more but that is only because I was warned of what I had ahead of me here at Bona’s.

Something that I do not particularly like about winter is the clothing that is labeled as “winter-appropriate.” I don’t mind wearing heavy sweaters on some occasions but I try not to wear them all the time because they are not necessarily a favorite staple of mine that I have hanging in my closet. I will admit that I definitely try to pull off non-winter clothes on a daily basis here, because one can only wear so many sweaters. In order to get myself out of bed in the morning, I try not to look at the weather and usually just toss on anything that I feel like wearing at the time. I usually add layers with either hats or scarves. In order to make my wardrobe more versatile I like to wear thick legging under dresses, and I usually seem to be able to get away with wearing that as a winter outfit.

As the air gets colder I find myself sometimes not really wanting to leave my dorm room. I would rather just snuggle up under a nice cozy blanket, reading a book, watching a nice movie or even doodling. I prefer to just sit and sip on a warm cup of tea or the winter classic of hot chocolate. I try to free up my Sundays of homework and reading just so I can stay comfy in my room and relax on a cold day.

Sometimes I find it hard to concentrate on one thing for a long time in the winter. I try to sit down and do homework and realize that I have accomplished nothing and have just been procrastinating for the past couple of hours. I have found that the best way for me to get out of this “funk” is to get outside. When it is not too cold out I like to go for a nice run and take in the scenery that I am now surrounded by every day. When I go for a run in the cold I make sure that I am dressed appropriately and have layers on.

One thing that I actually look forward to in winter is watching college basketball. This all started when my oldest brother first started attending Bonaventure. He was the manager of the men’s basketball team, so I would watch the games when I could and I could try to see him sitting on the bench next to the players. Even just in the past year my love for basketball has grown. I owe this all to brothers who are Bonaventure diehards and even started their own blog about the basketball team here. I currently attend the games and take pictures so they can be used for blog posts. Basketball is something that has brought me and my brothers closer and I am very appreciative for this.

Photo credits: stock photos

Jersey Girl. Coffee Lover. Fashionista Photographer. Loves traveling to Paris and plans to live there one day.
I'm a sophomore journalism and mass communication major at St. Bonaventure University.