This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Comfort shows play a big role in my life, when they say comfort they mean it. I am an avid television watcher it is constantly playing in the background when I do my day-to-day things like cleaning up, laundry and journaling. Although when it’s a bad day, stressful situation, or feeling under the weather something about watching those familiar shows brings endless comfort. I have a couple of series like this such as “Criminal Minds”, “That 70’s Show,” and the biggest one of them all… “New Girl.”

I stumbled upon “New Girl” about a year ago in my recommended while scrolling through Netflix, at the time I was looking for something new but easy to watch. That did not necessarily go as planned after the first episode which had me hysterically laughing I was binging this series, unable to keep my eyes off of it.

This became my favorite show, the comedy was so out of pocket it never failed to make me laugh. When I moved to college, the friends I met here also loved the show and it became something we watched all the time. I feel this show is likable among people due to the multiple personalities each character express, giving everyone a piece of humor that resonates with their own. I even have this personal theory that everyone is someone in the show in their way, for example, Winston is who I personally resonate with, he is sensitive, simply, and always in his own little world plus his love for crystals.

Whenever feeling upset or just stressed out in this chaotic world it’s enjoyable to sit down relax and have a couple of good laughs. “New Girl” is the best show for this not only is it a sitcom, but the storyline behind it also explores fan favorites of drama and love, it will have you hooked. As these four roommates struggle to manage their personal and social lives viewers are sucked in wondering what is happening.

Another fan favorite is this shows the use of side characters, many faces pop up throughout the seasons but some may look more familiar than others. For example, Taylor Swift makes an appearance at Cece’s wedding, Megan Fox makes an appearance as a roommate and Jamie Lee Murray plays Jess’s mom.

Each character in the show had a unique personality and role, mainly the diversity in personality between the main cast brings out comfort. Besides the comedy aspect, “New Girl” radiates feel-good energy, the dynamic between these roommates is loving and warmhearted and of course, mixed with that comedy.

Cassidy is a social media executive for Her Campus at St. Bonaventure University. She loves to use her creative outlet to advance her university's chapter. She has been writing for Her Campus for three years. Cassidy is a third-year student studying psychology with a minor in women's studies. Beyond Her Campus, she is involved in other extracurriculars such as L.I.F.T., Active Minds, and volunteering in the food pantry. She is the president of SBU for Equality. You may find her working in the admissions building as a student ambassador. She is an avid Pinterest user and will bring up how it is the best social media to exist. Her love for music keeps her going, nothing Taylor Swift can't help her with.