This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

As I have been scrolling on TikTok the past few days, I have seen these videos of people providing their weekly R.E.P.O.R.T’s. Why are all of the letters capitalized and spaced out you may ask? It’s an acronym!

People are sharing what they’re Reading, Eating, Playing, Obsessing over, Recommending, and Treating, hence R.E.P.O.R.T!

These categories encapsulate some of my favorite hobbies so I figured this would be a perfect trend for me to do! So without any further ado, here is my weekly R.E.P.O.R.T…

Reading:

Recently, I have been reading multiple books, which is something I rarely ever do as I am definitely a “finish one book before I start another” type of gal. But this week I have finished one book and started two. I finished reading The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo for one of my classes and it was fantastic. If you enjoy books expressed through the form of poetry but still follow one storyline, this book is for you. I read it all in one night it was that good. I started The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid for the same class I read The Poet X for and I am only around 50 pages in but I am so excited to finish it. I am a huge TJR fan and I am itching to finish this book. The last book I’m reading is The Giver by Lois Lowry and I am actually rereading it for a project that I am going to implement into future lesson plans. Since I haven’t read it since 7th grade, I figured I should reread it to be accurate in the project, and I forgot how much I loved it.

Eating:

Every single day this week I have come home to my townhouse and made the same lunch: A breakfast sandwich with cucumbers on the side. It’s so quick and easy to make but it follows a very specific pattern. Two pieces of toast, one egg (my roommate told me if you add a splash of water to your eggs it makes them less rubbery and it so does, please try it), two slices of American cheese, and Frank’s hot sauce. It’s so good I will never get sick of it. I need some veggies so I have cucumbers, specifically the little mini ones, but I have to dip them in Italian dressing, please try it, it is so delicious, I promise.

Playing:

I have been playing the new Assassin’s Creed game that came out a few weeks ago called “Mirage”. I really enjoy the storyline so far and I had been waiting for this game to come out for so long, I was so excited to actually play it. My friend and I have been playing at the same time and if one of us is slightly ahead in gameplay and gasps at something that happened in the game, the other starts trying to race through the section they’re in to see what could possibly induce such a gasp. If you are into action-adventure games, I would highly recommend this one.

Obsessing over:

I have always been and will always be obsessed with the SBU Dance Team, however, I am extra obsessed right now as we are starting to piece the show together slowly with most of my dances being finished up right now, beginning to run lines, and even starting to create props. Watching the creative decisions of all of my friends, who also happen to be captains, managers, choreographers, and dancers, come together is something that brings me so much joy and I just can’t seem to stop talking about it.

Recommending:

One thing that I did this week that I am now recommending is putting yourself out there in aspects you maybe haven’t before. This week, I compiled some of my favorite creative writing works, one short story, and two poems, and I submitted them to our literary magazine on campus. I have never published any of my work or even really had anybody ever read any of it, but now it’s going to be published! I love to write but sometimes the pressure of “Is this good enough?” gets to me, so sometimes, I just write it and forget it. But now between writing my articles for HerCampus (one of my favorite weekly activities), and the works of mine in the literary magazine, my writing is out there, and it feels so freeing.

Treating:

It is no secret that I am a Taylor Swift fan. It is plastered all over my townhouse and normally her voice can be heard when we have music playing. However, I simply couldn’t bring myself to spend the money that some resale tickets my mom and I were offered were priced at. Though I was bummed, I patted myself on the back for being realistic. However, in a shockingly amazing turn of events, on a random afternoon this week, my roommate told me that someone had offered her an opportunity to get some tickets for the Eras Tour movie! I treated myself to the movie, which I paid $19.89 for (genius marketing), and am going to see it with my roommates and some friends on Saturday, and I could not be more excited.

Leah McElheny is a new Her Campus at SBU chapter member who plans to write about literature, movies, TV shows, and most things pop culture. Outside of Her Campus, Leah is a junior at St. Bonaventure University and is currently double majoring in Adolescent Education with an English concentration and English. She has worked with multiple school districts in the area tutoring and substitute teaching for middle school and elementary school. She currently works for the university as a writing tutor and a peer coach to a group of freshmen. In her free time, Leah enjoys dancing for the SBU dance team, reading, and watching movies. Her favorite books are "The Similars" and "The Pretenders", both by Rebecca Hanover. Her biggest personality trait is loving Harry Potter and she prides herself on being incredibly mediocre at all forms of trivia, other than Harry Potter trivia of course.