This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

As my final semester has begun, my weekend plans will be different than previous semesters. My friends and I talked about making the most of it, which may be going out until 2 a.m. or hanging out until 2 a.m. We feel as though we’ve experienced everything there is to experience in our college towns (on the weekends). Instead of letting that discourage us, we plan to continue going out to the same few bars with familiar faces. The difference is: we’re prioritizing our friendships and making more memories within those friendships.

I’m beyond happy I that I have found a great friend group, even if it’s small. When I reflect on some of my favorite college memories, it’s with these girls. This doesn’t mean we won’t branch out and meet new people, though. So, I’d say that we are down for the bars and the house parties — together (the majority of the time).

If you and your friends find yourselves in a rut of doing the same thing every weekend with the same people, then take a different approach. Before you go out or stay in, have a themed drink night, plan similar outfits, experiment with different makeup looks, create a new playlist, play games or reach out to others to see if they’re doing anything fun. Switching up a sometimes dull routine can change the entire outlook.

On a Friday night, my roommates and I start getting ready around the same time (give-or-take the time depending on who takes longer to get ready). Some of us do our makeup together, and we all ask for opinions on outfits (with a lot of sharing clothes). We usually have a drink while getting ready, and after, we hang out in our living room and listen to music. Around 11 p.m., sometimes later or earlier if we’re going somewhere before, we walk to the bar or a party. We always walk places together. This is something we stand by, even if it’s in your small college town. When we go to the bar, we mingle with other people, but end up walking home together. From there, we decide to go somewhere else or hang out and make food.

Then on Saturday night, we do the same thing. Since we go to a small college without fraternities and sororities, this is what we do. Sometimes it gets extremely repetitive, but when a great friend group is involved; it’s amusing.

Hi, my name is Marnique, and I'm a senior journalism major at St. Bonaventure University. I love to read and write!